The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What pitch-software do I require? Pitch & Harmony Plugins
Old 21st December 2010
Here for the gear

What pitch-software do I require?

Hi!

In a song build-up I want the bass to pitch up from very low frequencies to very high, in a few seconds. I'm running logic and the bass is from esx24 but the build-in transposer shifts between notes and does not tune up as smooth as I want it to.
I have the waves soundshifter plug and it works fine, but cannot tune as deep or as high as I want it to. The only solution I see is to take a different synth with a smoother tuner and try to recreate the same bass sound, but it should not have to come to that!

Any ideas?

Regards
bull
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Addict

bounce it down from ableton, or record the output from the ableton demo, probably the easiest way to do this. that i know of.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

my opinion is, it's going to sound better in the end if your pitch bending effect is done internally from a synth rather than processing it with a pitch shifting plugin which is going to generally degrade the quality of the sound quite a bit when used at those extremes. pretty much any analog style synth with portamento should be able to do this.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search