The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NAMM 2011 Predictions / Rumours Thread Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixerman View Post
Oh, and if there's a GS get together of any kind, I would love to meet some of you!

Enjoy,

Mixerman
As long as there's no party afterwards (that involves driving someplace). tutt
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Gerst View Post
As long as there's no party afterwards (that involves driving someplace). tutt
You're never going to get over following me across five lanes of traffic in downtown LA rush hour, are you?

Sober and BEFORE the party! (I might add).

Are you going to NAMM?

Enjoy,

Mixerman
Old 6th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodeater View Post
iMPC hardware to hookup to ipod is my dream. The akai ipk25 was a failure, but if done right it would be awesome. Good software with fully functional sequencer, well made pads and solid slim case, niceish converters, wifi midi in addition to regular midi ports, wifi sample transfer, aa battery power, paste board integration with other iOS software, blue tooth sample and midi file sharing with other idevices, drawable envelopes and velocity ie use the touchscreen where it makes sense, if there's power left integrated effects and synth. I'm not sure how much Apple's rules get in the way and prevent this, but if possible/needed 512 ram for holding samples and a usb port for hooking up things like portable keyboards, nanocontrol, etc. Keep it cheap and add in app sample pack purchases. You're welcome Akai

I just want an MPC app with full sequencer and audio slice, no hardware! I don't want my iPad tethered to some clunky midi controller, thats why I bought the ipad in the first place to use the amazing futuristic interface! I would love to see Maschine for iPad! How sick would that be make a beat on your ipad, then load the data into the vst in Ableton. No need for tracking or bouncing, boom your whole project is ready for mixing and further building.
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

I'll be there this year. again....

But this trip will be much better. I don't have to work the floor.

I still wonder about the old 80's rockstar look... where do they buy these outfits?

I can't wait to hang out at the Hilton bar listing to bad cover bands.

But seriously... it is good to see old friends at the show.

See ya in Anaheim!
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
You're never going to get over following me across five lanes of traffic in downtown LA rush hour, are you?

Sober and BEFORE the party! (I might add).

Are you going to NAMM?

Enjoy,

Mixerman
Well, I thought I was, but it's looking doubtful right now. My son, Alex, will be there though. Was gonna bring some new mid-field mixing/mastering speakers that I worked on, but I guess that will hafta wait till the next AES show.
Old 7th January 2011
Here for the gear

Here's hoping that Korg releases its first MIDI controller in, what, 6 or 7 years without "nano" or "micro" in front of it.

Don't get me wrong: being able to cram 15 of your products into one laptop bag is nifty and all, Korg, but it's kinda losing its appeal... aaaand you're kinda losing credibility.
Old 7th January 2011
I'd be happy with Roland just releasing new synths that have aftertouch.

The Juno range has got some good ideas for the money (and that's the key phrase), but ruin it with lack of certain performance tools.

Might be picky, but I would really want that - and the same goes for the Korg M50....
aftertouch.
Old 10th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler View Post
Logic pro 10.
Apple has been at NAMM for a few years now.
Old 10th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Access A new Virus TI version.
No new synth or TI update from Access, just the Polar in black the Dark Star. Meh.

Access Dark Star Synthesizer (NAMM Hotness) » Synthtopia
Old 10th January 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpepe View Post
I only expect Ableton Live 9, and nothing great...it's time of crisis.

And few little products from small companies, (software and litlle hardware units)
Restore the copy/paste markers between tracks, pleeeeeeaasssseeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubiedubie View Post
No new synth or TI update from Access
What about the new Chorus modes?

Access Intros Virus TI OS 4.5 (Video Preview) » Synthtopia

These sound sick! Can't wait
Old 11th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Fender's 70th Anniversary Something. They'll make something up.
Old 13th January 2011
Lives for gear

Korg has a new Kronos synth that will be announced at NAMM. I really hope it's something that can compare to the Kurzweil PC361, both in price and capabilities. There really isn't anything to speak of below the M3 line.
Old 15th January 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Rumor has it I will be at the NAMM show, carrying a special pen for anyone who wants me to sign their copy of Zen and the Art of Mixing and/or The Daily Adventures of Mixerman. So, bring it along and use Twitter and/or The Mixerman FB Page to locate me. They both push to my phone.

Oh, and if there's a GS get together of any kind, I would love to meet some of you!

Enjoy,

Mixerman
I wish i could be there .... ! and been through your ZenAoM Book and i have to say : great read !
Now i´m in the middle of your "adventures of" book and thats even better.
Pure amusement ! thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search