The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NAMM 2011 Predictions / Rumours Thread Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

NAMM 2011 Predictions / Rumours Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pym

Hmm... 8 voice Mopho would be boring... we got something much more fun than that for ya'll
Can't wait!!!!

Btw.. You can have a 8 voice mopho today by polychaining 2 tetra's..
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubiedubie View Post
Waldorf
Launch date for Stromberg (losing the run of myself here!).
Yeah, I wouldn't be holding your breath while waiting for that announcement...
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Alot of nothing...I don't remember anything all that great announced last year, not much hopes for this year.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

stuff that should be there, but won't:

a) Korg Duotron (2 x osc +2 x sub + 2 x ADSR + 2 x octave monotron)

b) Novation Supernova ]I[

c) FR GP-8

d) SSL chan strip controller

stuff that one hopes will be there:

a) Reaper 4

b) Cirklon

c) SSL Native

d) PE Desktop

e) boutique sh101
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

I'm mainly looking forward to new modules from Grove Audio and Synthethic Sound Labs. Other than that, I will probably be selling rather than buying in 2011.
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Addict

I'd like Moog to release the long overdue MF-106 (what it will be, I can't fathom), and maybe a MF-108 & MF-109.....But I won't hold my breath on the MF-106....
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

my NAMM prediction is that all of you will be totally disappointed and none of your fantasies will come true..

but that happens every year.

i think there will be a handful of cool things this year. modular stuff in eurorack format, and some software goodies. i just hope the eventide announcement is not a let down. i'd like native anthology bundle please. GIMME!
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Kurzweil may just have the prototype of the new "flagship workstation" [ugh, hate that phrase, but what else fits?] on display for some pre-hype.

If they were truly market savvy they would put out a couple of stompboxes of their ultra fine effects, Eventide style ----------->

PROFIT
Old 23rd December 2010
i do hope for more (proven) plugins and DAWs, that we have used over the yrs, turn to full 64-bit support, so we make some use of the new processors and OS we payed for so dearly. the constant lag between computer hw and os capabilities and what our software actually makes use of, is frustrating.

as someone already mentioned, im predicting almost nothing of our desires will come true, and it will be more boring workstation re-badging, pianos etc. perhaps some interesting new software. i hope Eventide has something nice in store, and i'm mildly intrigued what DSI is coming out with, since Pym hinted several times it's not a continuation of evo line..

yes it be GREAT if Korg continued with monotron line .. and upgraded model.. just give us decent psu, decent output levels who interference, and clean signal-to-noise (monotrons output is unusable), and add more features..

what i'd love to see the most, alas it will never be , in this dark age of cost-cutting at every step imaginable.. is some kind of "Blofeld Pro" - with better UI featuring more assignable knobs .. perhaps bigger memeory and sample velocity switching.. split..

Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat earth View Post

Akai will continue to copy everything Korg released 2 years back.
... and they'll throw out more of these ****ty carrying bags for their ****ty products. this seems mor important to them than making goog tools for music production
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichF View Post
Any gear/color combination requests?
Thanks for asking, Rich !

Well.... ??? Of course.......

A Korg Oasys MK II (With the original layout since the ergonomics were so good and add to that select M3 features) , 512 Note Polyphonic Internally (minimum), 32 Channels (minimum), Key Aftertouch (Of Course), FW 800 (eSATA, or LightPeak) allowing at least 16 Channels of I/O (Externally Clock-able), 8 Analog I/O (With great pre's/analog filters), Ribbon Controller option similar to the Kurzweil, along with progressive releases of vintage Korg synths by means of creating a UAD-2 Style DSP Card (But, just not like the original Oasys version) That Will Feature Legacy Modeling (eg. korg legacy of course, Z1, EX-8000/DSS1, O1WFD, N364, Korg Trinity & Triton Series and any future newer synths, etc) that interfaces with the Oasys MK II and is fully compatible with any DAW but especially Korg Clarity....and can we please leave behind the 16 Bit Linear data ROM format and jump up to 24 Bit in the sampling department and of course, a foot pedal.

- KS
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pym View Post
Hmm... 8 voice Mopho would be boring... we got something much more fun than that for ya'll
Prophet 08 mkII...
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstackm View Post
Thanks for asking, Rich !

Well.... ??? Of course.......

A Korg Oasys MK II (With the original layout since the ergonomics were so good and add to that select M3 features) , 512 Note Polyphonic Internally (minimum), 32 Channels (minimum), Key Aftertouch (Of Course), FW 800 (eSATA, or LightPeak) allowing at least 16 Channels of I/O (Externally Clock-able), 8 Analog I/O (With great pre's/analog filters), Ribbon Controller option similar to the Kurzweil, along with progressive releases of vintage Korg synths by means of creating a UAD-2 Style DSP Card (But, just not like the original Oasys version) That Will Feature Legacy Modeling (eg. korg legacy of course, Z1, EX-8000/DSS1, O1WFD, N364, Korg Trinity & Triton Series and any future newer synths, etc) that interfaces with the Oasys MK II and is fully compatible with any DAW but especially Korg Clarity....and can we please leave behind the 16 Bit Linear data ROM format and jump up to 24 Bit in the sampling department and of course, a foot pedal.

- KS
yeah, I was just about to say that too. heh
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Head

Give me a DSI drum machine!
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
How about a silver coloured synth with loads of knobs lit up in yellow and flashing pink back-lit buttons?

No, you'd never do that, would you?
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysanfel View Post
I want something like an 8 voice version of the DSI Mopho. I would buy that immediately.

You mean the Oct8 ?
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh noheh

Maybe a new desktop analog synth? Naaa - probably something modular
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

I predict Cakewalk will give up on the software business and start to actually make cakes and compete with Pepperidge Farm instead of Digidesign heh
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysanfel View Post
I want something like an 8 voice version of the DSI Mopho. I would buy that immediately.
Check out the prophet 08... rack if you don't need the full keyboard. It's been around for a lot longer than the mopho lol
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Nut

Arturia: Juno 60/106 & Synclavier VSTi

Gforce: Roland D50 VSTi

D16: Simmons drum emulator VSTi

Old 24th December 2010
Here for the gear

M-Audio is announcing a virtual analogue named Venom.

Source
Promo video with the Crystal Method
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcode View Post
Give me a DSI drum machine!
yes please!
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
A desktop version of the Poly Evolver? Similar to the Prophet 08 desktop?
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

Purple Z1 softsynth.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

new chinese clone manufacturers in the basement making the suspiciously similar products that are in the upper floors.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
M-Audio is announcing a virtual analogue named Venom.

Source
Promo video with the Crystal Method
Access called, they want their copywriter back. Also, industrial design fail.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Guru

"BAAWWWWW! All this software SUCKS, I want REAL GEAR!"

*manufacturer releases real gear instead of software*

*BAAWWWWW! It doesn't look like how I want it to look! It should be yellow, and made out of steel, regardless if this jacks the price up so fewer people can afford it so testing the waters to see if people like it returns a big fat NO so there won't be any follow-up"

*manufacturer releases software synth*

(rinse & repeat)
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post

*manufacturer releases real gear instead of software*

*BAAWWWWW! It doesn't look like how I want it to look! It should be yellow, and made out of steel, regardless if this jacks the price up so fewer people can afford it so testing the waters to see if people like it returns a big fat NO so there won't be any follow-up"

*manufacturer releases software synth*

(rinse & repeat)
Now you're just being an ass. A piece of gear doesn't have to be made of steel or be yellow (I take it that this is some sort of personal dig at me?) to look nice. Nor does it have to be made of plastic to be affordable. Look to the Ion and Blofeld for past examples of this. Sorry, but don't expect me to be respectful of the efforts of a company that so blatantly tries to ride the coattails of another manufacturer's successful product line.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild View Post
Access called, they want their copywriter back. Also, industrial design fail.
I couldn't help but think the same thing.

Avid rep 1 "Prepare to get infected by the powerful new Acce-"
<smack>
Avid rep 2 "Dude, we work for Avid"
Avid rep 1 "****..... the new AVID Venooooom!"
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Guru

Of course I'm being an ass, it's what I'm good at heh

The Q was taken as example because it was also dismissed on sight because of its looks. Can't please everyone all the time.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search