The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TB 303 Love aka 3 x 303+606 Desktop Synthesizers
Old 28th December 2015
Lives for gear

Just commented on the YouTube video. Sunil.

Love to hear how yo7 programmed the 202s to get these tones.

I have an sh101 and I've never been able to coax this kind of sound from it. Please share!
Old 31st December 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverberation View Post
Hello Slutz. Here's something I recorded using four Roland MC202's and four tape echoes.

I made my modular decide which 202 is playing what and where the signal is sent.

Self playing "music".
This is great!!! Really really nice. I think I might actually prefer this to the orginal vid 3x303's. Very dark and ominous. Think I need an 2nd SpaceEcho now. Stop fuelling my GAS!

When you say you let the modular decide what do you mean by that? I am guessing that these 202's have been modded to accept cv/gate and the modular is outputting the signal randomly to select which 202 plays. ???

Interestly enough I watched Sicario last nite and during some scenes there is some music that sounds quite similar to this.
Very long deep reverby bass. I waited for the credits on the music. Turns out some of the music was done be a fellow named Johann Johannsson. I am not familiar but it sounds Swedish to me. Is there something in the water over there or what? Maybe check out the movie if you haven't already and you'll see...errr hear what I mean. Anyhoo thanks for sharing. All the best.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search