The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mopho + Tetra Question Desktop Synthesizers
Old 21st December 2010
  #1
Mopho + Tetra Question

My big question is if you chain a Mopho and a Tetra, and there are 4 outputs between the two devices, what is being recorded on the 4 channels? How are the voices split between the 4 outs?

If I play a 5 note chord, is one voice being outputed by the Mopho? Which note, the first?
Old 21st December 2010
  #2
Boy
Gear Maniac
 
Boy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysanfel View Post
My big question is if you chain a Mopho and a Tetra, and there are 4 outputs between the two devices, what is being recorded on the 4 channels? How are the voices split between the 4 outs?

If I play a 5 note chord, is one voice being outputed by the Mopho? Which note, the first?
Yes, one voice is output by the Mopho.
Four voices will come out of the Tetra because it has four voices. The Mopho will be the fifth voice, but it doesn't reset after all keys are released like I think you're asking here. If you press one key on the keyboard repeatedly, you will see the voices light up on the tetra one after the other, and when it's the Mopho's turn, you won't see any of the Tetra's lights.
Old 21st December 2010
  #3
Ok, so if I am playing 4 notes it will only use the stereo outs of the Tetra, but if I use that 5th voice then that voice will be sent out of the stereo out of the Mopho. Right?
Old 21st December 2010
  #4
Lives for gear
 
rasseru's Avatar
edit. stupid answer
Old 21st December 2010
  #5
Lives for gear
Mopho + Tetra Question

The voices are sequential. Each time you press a note it will use the next voice. For emample: If you played a 3 note chord and it used the first 3 voices of the tetra, then if you play another 3 note chord it will use the last tetra voice, the mopho voice and then the first tetra voice. Then another 3 note chord would use the last 3 tetra voices. Another 3 note chord after that would use the mopho voice and the first 2 Tetra voices, and so on.
Old 21st December 2010
  #6
Boy
Gear Maniac
 
Boy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysanfel View Post
Ok, so if I am playing 4 notes it will only use the stereo outs of the Tetra, but if I use that 5th voice then that voice will be sent out of the stereo out of the Mopho. Right?
Are you asking about in what order the voices are played or which machine makes sound? I'll try to answer both as simply as I can...

Niether matters because you're mixing them anyway.
Old 21st December 2010
  #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chembros View Post
The voices are sequential. Each time you press a note it will use the next voice. For emample: If you played a 3 note chord and it used the first 3 voices of the tetra, then if you play another 3 note chord it will use the last tetra voice, the mopho voice and then the first tetra voice. Then another 3 note chord would use the last 3 tetra voices. Another 3 note chord after that would use the mopho voice and the first 2 Tetra voices, and so on.
Thank you!
Top Mentioned Products
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
spybar / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
7
Rude Talk / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
50
spybar / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
7
GeorgeHayduke / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
2
Clonkified / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
5

Forum Jump
Forum Jump