The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How much is my Matrix 1000 worth?
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Head

How much is my Matrix 1000 worth?

Im wondering about selling my Oberheim Matrix 1000 1st edition(the black one)

The unit is fully working, but has some tears and wears. I live in norway and its powersupply is american. We use 230v here, and it demands 120v..so a norwegian must use a converter.

How much is a decent price for these nowadays? I cant seem to find any on ebay to compare prices.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

maybe 250 - 300 Euro?
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

they usually sell on ebay for around $300 in the u.s.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

i just paid $300 shipped for one, which should be coming today along with my new arp! $280 + $20 shipping. Apparently they replaced the power supply in it, which is generally a good thing as the black ones are known for having power supply hum. However, that said, you should be able to probably put another power supply in it for whatever voltage you need, so it shouldn't hurt the price TOO much, but i'm sure a native 230v would probably be easier to ask more for since the buyer doesn't have to deal with any converters or upgrading/switching out the power supply. Maybe shave another 10-20 off the price to compensate the seller for having to deal with the power issues?
Old 20th December 2010
It's worth keeping :-) !

Cheers,
Bert
Old 20th December 2010
they generally go for just under £200 in the UK...
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

they go for around $250-$350 here in canada too. worth keeping though, great little synth.
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

At musikkweb.no there is a guy asking 4000 Kr for one, but I don't think they are worth nowhere near as much...
If I am not mistaken, Filter (in Oslo), has a Matrix 1000 too, but don't recall price...

You might get more than the mentioned prices, as things in Norway are always so expensive, but I'd say you'd be better off selling it locally...
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search