The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Thanks to the Slutz and the Simonator; first release in a long time! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 20th December 2010
  #1
Lives for gear
 

Thanks to the Slutz and the Simonator; first release in a long time!

My first solo E.P was released today on Broadcite Digital.

a daily port of call either lurking or onboard; big thanks to you slutz for the much needed advice and helping me blow my credit card heh and to Simonator who has been releasing some of his recent material on Broadcite and gave them a nod in my direction... he knows this but again cheers matey!!

If you want to check it out it can be found here:

Juno

Traxsource

all the best for 2011 to you all !thumbsup
Old 20th December 2010
  #2
Lives for gear
 

Congratulations. They sound great.
Old 20th December 2010
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Simonator's Avatar
 

It's a great release dude. Well done!

No surprise to see that it's already picking up support from the likes of Quentin Harris & Frankie Valentine!
Old 20th December 2010
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Tarkovsky's Avatar
 

Sounding great!
Old 20th December 2010
  #5
Lives for gear
 

Gave them a listen, sounds great mate. Well done, I hope to follow you with an EP of my own some day.
Old 20th December 2010
  #6
Lives for gear
 

Cheers guys
Old 20th December 2010
  #7
Old 20th December 2010
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Congrats man. Now just follow it up with a couple more.
Old 20th December 2010
  #9
Lives for gear
 

Sounds great, I especially like the punchy midrange! I'm curious about the gear involved now. :-)
Old 20th December 2010
  #10
Lives for gear
 

Indeed. How about a gear list please Genieg?
Old 20th December 2010
  #11
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubtek71 View Post
Congrats man. Now just follow it up with a couple more.
yeah I'm working on that, slowly but on the way. Cheers
Old 20th December 2010
  #12
Lives for gear
 

did mention gear originally but deleted it as the post/I was going on a bit;

so UAD 1176 SE, SugarBytes Effectrix, EOS, NI Massive, Battery, FM8, AN1 X, Cubase Studio EQ, URS Sat, D16 Decimator definitely used on all three tracks. Monitoring on Adam A7's using Cubase4/5, RME Multiface 2, Soundcraft M8 desk.

Zumabana is possibly the one that comes across as being punchiest in the mids , I bounced several of the tracks of the beat through the EMU Ultra 5000 and resampled into Cubase, used D16 Decimator on the insert with some very slight EQ cut on the shelf from my soundcraft M8 to tidy up it. It was a little overbearing on the bass end on returning from the 5000 so Decimort and EQ pinned it down nicer possibly a touch of The Glue to bring it forward a bit.
Old 20th December 2010
  #13
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by genieg View Post
did mention gear originally but deleted it as the post/I was going on a bit;

so UAD 1176 SE, SugarBytes Effectrix, EOS, NI Massive, Battery, FM8, AN1 X, Cubase Studio EQ, URS Sat, D16 Decimator definitely used on all three tracks. Monitoring on Adam A7's using Cubase4/5, RME Multiface 2, Soundcraft M8 desk.

Zumabana is possibly the one that comes across as being punchiest in the mids , I bounced several of the tracks of the beat through the EMU Ultra 5000 and resampled into Cubase, used D16 Decimator on the insert with some very slight EQ cut on the shelf from my soundcraft M8 to tidy up it. It was a little overbearing on the bass end on returning from the 5000 so Decimort and EQ pinned it down nicer possibly a touch of The Glue to bring it forward a bit.


Wouldn't have guessed that, it doesn't sound like a (mostly) ITB production to me. What about mastering?
Old 20th December 2010
  #14
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by genieg View Post
did mention gear originally but deleted it as the post/I was going on a bit;

so UAD 1176 SE, SugarBytes Effectrix, EOS, NI Massive, Battery, FM8, AN1 X, Cubase Studio EQ, URS Sat, D16 Decimator definitely used on all three tracks. Monitoring on Adam A7's using Cubase4/5, RME Multiface 2, Soundcraft M8 desk.

Zumabana is possibly the one that comes across as being punchiest in the mids , I bounced several of the tracks of the beat through the EMU Ultra 5000 and resampled into Cubase, used D16 Decimator on the insert with some very slight EQ cut on the shelf from my soundcraft M8 to tidy up it. It was a little overbearing on the bass end on returning from the 5000 so Decimort and EQ pinned it down nicer possibly a touch of The Glue to bring it forward a bit.
Awesome! Thanks. I appreciate the fact that you didn't use a ton of gear to make these tracks and get them out there! Once again nice work man! thumbsup
Old 20th December 2010
  #15
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by living sounds View Post
Wouldn't have guessed that, it doesn't sound like a (mostly) ITB production to me. What about mastering?
yeah I'm not sure where they went mastering wise; I have the originals (unmastered) on my soundcloud I think those received some compression courtesy of The Glue and used Elephant to bring them up a bit so you may be able to draw some comparisons there.

I mostly 85% of the time use subtractive EQing, I sometimes sidechain longer reverbs; usually highpass and lowpass filters on reverbs to get them slightly more natural. Use hi and lo cuts on some sounds.

I reference vinyl a fair bit to try and get that sound, don't know maybe that contributes..Thanks for listening by the waythumbsup
Old 20th December 2010
  #16
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by genieg View Post
yeah I'm not sure where they went mastering wise; I have the originals (unmastered) on my soundcloud I think those received some compression courtesy of The Glue and used Elephant to bring them up a bit so you may be able to draw some comparisons there.

I mostly 85% of the time use subtractive EQing, I sometimes sidechain longer reverbs; usually highpass and lowpass filters on reverbs to get them slightly more natural. Use hi and lo cuts on some sounds.

I reference vinyl a fair bit to try and get that sound, don't know maybe that contributes..Thanks for listening by the waythumbsup
Ah, I see. The mixes are very good, but the mastering really added those squashed ultra-punchy sonics. Any chance of you finding out what they did there? Because whatever it was, I want it.
Old 20th December 2010
  #17
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by living sounds View Post
Ah, I see. The mixes are very good, but the mastering really added those squashed ultra-punchy sonics. Any chance of you finding out what they did there? Because whatever it was, I want it.

Who mastered?
Old 20th December 2010
  #18
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primativ View Post
Who mastered?
Would like to know that, too.
Old 20th December 2010
  #19
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by living sounds View Post
Would like to know that, too.
seriously guys your guess is as good as mine, Simonator might know but there was some confusion along the way, he had two different projects being mastered at the/or around the same time as me.
Old 21st December 2010
  #20
Lives for gear
 
Simonator's Avatar
 

Our label sent off several projects to several MEs at the same time, and I'm not sure who mastered what any more.

Last edited by Simonator; 21st December 2010 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: Drunken babbling that doesn't make any sense
Old 21st December 2010
  #21
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post

Our label sent off several projects to several MEs at the same time, and I'm not sure who mastered what any more.


Birthday ? enjoy mate!heh !!

yeah it did get complicated, I'm pleased that the result has been well recieved though; I'll pass on the feedback.
Old 21st December 2010
  #22
Lives for gear
 

You're not sure who mastered what? Don't these people get credits? But I was really hoping to get some information here...
Old 21st December 2010
  #23
Lives for gear
 

Happy birhday, from me, too, of course!
Old 21st December 2010
  #24
Lives for gear
 

Congratulations! You're on beatport too, and the audio quality of the samples is better https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/...ntityId=168964

I liked 'Again A Dream'
Old 21st December 2010
  #25
Lives for gear
 
Simonator's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Bottle View Post
I liked 'Again A Dream'
thumbsup My favorite too... AWESOME track
Old 21st December 2010
  #26
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by living sounds View Post
You're not sure who mastered what? Don't these people get credits? But I was really hoping to get some information here...
I'll try and find out

Cheers Seamus!
Old 21st December 2010
  #27
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by genieg View Post
I'll try and find out

Cheers Seamus!
Thanks!
Old 21st December 2010
  #28
Gear Nut
 

Loved all three tracks!
Old 21st December 2010
  #29
Lives for gear
 

Cheers Bluesky thanks for listening

regarding the mastering on this livingsounds if you want a contact email pm me i think I can sort that out.

BTW from what I understand its 100% ITBthumbsup
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
elan / So much gear, so little time
3
Charlie-O / Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production
29
AlexLakis / So much gear, so little time
7
rudalicious / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
2

Forum Jump
Forum Jump