The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pitch to CV help Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Nut

Pitch to CV help

I recently did a session at a studio that had a Korg MS-20. One of the things we did was use the pitch to cv input to double some bass parts...it tracked really well. I've been waiting to get some cash to put together a modular, and it's finally time. I'm thinking of going eurorack, mostly Doepfer to start, but I definitely want to be able to do what I did with that Korg. I've searched around and all I've found is a Doepfer module that hasn't been released yet. Does what I need exist in the eurorack format?
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

EXTERNAL PROCESSOR RS35
Might be some others out there
You could also get a cheap guitar to midi converter and then go midi to cv... I use a yamaha ry8 for this and it sometimes sort of works, with something newer converting to midi it would work well.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

As mentioned above the Analogue Systems module is VERY good and tracks over a big pitch range. My first choice for this job !
Old 11th October 2018
Gear Head
Early 2017 Sonicsmith came out with

Hi,

I see this post is pretty old but had to chime in with our products as it's a rather new technology.

You might want to check out our products the ConVertor and the Squaver P1 as they offer you pitch, ENV and gate outputs.
There is no ADSR, the only ENV is extracted with the ENV follower but there are many other CV inputs to use.

Sonicsmith.com
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search