The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Daw of choice for electronic music DAW Software
View Poll Results: Daw of choice for electronic music
Ableton live
65 Votes - 29.68%
Logic
55 Votes - 25.11%
Cubase
44 Votes - 20.09%
pro tools
14 Votes - 6.39%
other
41 Votes - 18.72%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by genieg View Post
REALLY???? when what version ? and if you know why is it able to do this?

Nuendo 4 vs Cubase 4 and 5...I think it must be due to different algorithms used...
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectwoofer View Post
Nuendo 4 vs Cubase 4 and 5...I think it must be due to different algorithms used...

interesting ..going to look into.

I wasn't sure as to how far the difference is between N and C but that is pretty major
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Been using Cubase on a PC for a few years now, I love it.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectwoofer View Post
Very Interesting !
This is the first time I hear about this. I wonder if this can be confirmed by other C and N users ?

20% difference in efficiency is a big one. I was always, and still am under the impression that both Cubase, and Nuendo share the same code/engine. Except for the extra post, and automation extras that Nuendo offers.

I use Cubase 5.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Nut

Logic/Ableton in REWIRE with Pro Tools for RTAS plugs

There needs to be a mega DAW that can groove w/TDM,RTAS,VST,VST2,MAS plugs all in one beefy boom boom pow!!!
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMiller View Post
There needs to be a mega DAW that can groove w/TDM,RTAS,VST,VST2,MAS plugs all in one beefy boom boom pow!!!
...and then there's hardware!
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Other: FL Studio

Poll has too few options to give a clear picture from poll results. Suggest redoing with more options.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Addict

+1 Fl Studio
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMiller View Post

Can someone enlighten me why TDM plugs are dearer? Do they sound better? Ive never really been bothered to find out why
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

i can only guess that tdm plugins are better because they run on the card's dsp and not the cpu's.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Nut

TDMs aren't better, they just have a captive audience and are more expensive for the devs, due to licensing, so more expensive to the user.

Live and Reason for ideas. Then export to Logic for polishing and mixing. I have Mixbus but I'm still figuring out how to work it into the workflow.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofi View Post
....because he thinks that if all daws cost the same and were equally able to be cracked, we'd all prefer protools HD.
Nice dig.

Because all those other factors play a real world major role and you can't deny it... or you can, but you'd be full of B.S.

People's choice of DAW for the EDM genre is as influenced by price, convenience and availability as their choices in soft synths and hardware. It's just the way the world works.

Sometimes the best choice is the cheapest and easiest, but not often.

More often people's "choice" is what they know, what their friend had, what they can get, crack, afford, whatever.

You can try and make this into some elitist thing, but that would be disingenuous.

-a
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Halo View Post
Nice dig.

Because all those other factors play a real world major role and you can't deny it... or you can, but you'd be full of B.S.

People's choice of DAW for the EDM genre is as influenced by price, convenience and availability as their choices in soft synths and hardware. It's just the way the world works.

Sometimes the best choice is the cheapest and easiest, but not often.

More often people's "choice" is what they know, what their friend had, what they can get, crack, afford, whatever.

You can try and make this into some elitist thing, but that would be disingenuous.

-a
It's not that serious man.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Before the age of the internets, I think this was a very important factor. Now, not so much; so you get all these poor souls who think that upgrading FL Studio to Cubase will result in better tracks (without bothering to dive into EQ and compression or even more vital, music theory, arrangement and mixing) - and demo versions are much more generous, which means you don't have to beg at a music store to test sequencer x for 10 minutes.

I know I got into Cubase because a friend had Cubasis (MIDI only - but hey, it got us signed in back in 2000). I got the hang of it in a few hours with his assistance and learned the rest on my own (another one of those things that's considered quaint nowadays ).
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nice dig.
awwwww please don't cry, it's christmas!

point you've missed is, this thread wasn't even about what is "best choice" until you tried to push in extra "context to the results"
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
FL Studio
me and my mate use FLstudio. its creative as heck
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
Other: FL Studio

Poll has too few options to give a clear picture from poll results. Suggest redoing with more options.
yes maybe.. I didnt though there were going to be so much reaper and other DAW users.
Old 23rd December 2010
t_d
Lives for gear

digital performer (since before it was "digital"). never a reason for me to change.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
... People's choice of DAW for the EDM...
Oh - I thought this was DAWs for electronic music in general. I don't compose EDM (well, I don't think it's that) but do more ambient/space. If it's supposed be for EDM then I would need to retract my poll posting...

I know that some people who do electronic music can spend a boat load of money on gear and software...as well as others who spend very little to nothing. I wouldn't think that EDM as a sub-genre would be any different.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search