The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Instruments that continually surprise you? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
This was my first thought as well. Though sadly, the processing on them as of late have made them much less interesting.

that and girls singing like Coldplay and playing it off as folk singing,...
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel View Post
that and girls singing like Coldplay and playing it off as folk singing,...
I was trying to find the right joke that somehow involved Elizabeth Cotton or Karen Dalton...and then I thought about autotune and then I shuddered.

Last edited by code green; 20th December 2010 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
My MPC 1000 with JJ. I've had it for about 6 months and I still kinda feel like I'm only scratching the surface. The more I learn, the easier it gets to do crazy stuff that I was dreading and thinking it would take a lot of work and time, or I just can't do without a computer.
Funny, this is how I felt learning the [standard] MPC2000XL OS, and which I always saw as the sublime beauty of these boxes. Everything you think is gonna be a real pain in the ass turns out to be, at most, a tab away and made easy once you're there.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky909 View Post
for the money, the Matrix 6 really allows some deep programming. just when i think i've heard about all she can do, i fiddle with this or that and get schooled.

I really need to dig deeper into my Matrix 1000. It is a very impressive synth.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibralux View Post
my brain

Thats about the answer I would post. The long version is that all synths that have owned have pleasantly suprised me , when I actually spent time to learn them and not allow myself to get stuck in details, to really use them as musical instruments and not just for proving a point.

My blofeld ? Certainly , as soon as I started playing with the parameters, the harsh digital stereotype collapsed

My Motif ? Certainly , as soon as I started playing with the parameters,the "its a rompler not a synthesizer" stereotype collapsed

My Andromeda ? Certainly , as soon as I started playing with the parameters,the "its too complicated" stereotype collapsed

My ex-MicroKorg ? Certainly , as soon as I started playing with the parameters,the "its a toy synth" stereotype collapsed

I think that any synth out there that you will give it some love , it will suprise you in the end of day. Its takes time, but it fully worths it. Learning to use the tools cannot be stretched enough.

There are no shortcuts. If you dont put the time, it wont happen.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Me heh... seriously though I'm really impressed by my friend's nord modular G-2, that thing REALLY has no limits; I'm really blown away by how flexible and intuitive this hardware/software combo is; but it isn't mine so I'll have to go with the TD-12 V-drums; I'm impressed by the editing possibilities of this machine, you can create from very realistic sets to completely otherworldly and psycho kits... it just never ends...
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilon View Post
My ex-MicroKorg ? Certainly , as soon as I started playing with the parameters,the "its a toy synth" stereotype collapsed
The MK is my guilty pleasure; I love it, period. I don't care all the hate it gets, that little "toy" is pissed and y'all better BACK THE F$#K OFF heh... A portable MS-2000, how awesome is that...
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

My voyager and my nord lead
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushton View Post
My voyager and my nord lead
Until you get a model D
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

fr-777

is acid

but capable of so much more!

also, since i'm 99% itb for now, the togu audio line free vsts: wow! I can't believe how good they sound.
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thats about the answer I would post. The long version is that all synths that have owned have pleasantly suprised me , when I actually spent time to learn them and not allow myself to get stuck in details, to really use them as musical instruments and not just for proving a point.

My blofeld ? Certainly , as soon as I started playing with the parameters, the harsh digital stereotype collapsed

My Motif ? Certainly , as soon as I started playing with the parameters,the "its a rompler not a synthesizer" stereotype collapsed

My Andromeda ? Certainly , as soon as I started playing with the parameters,the "its too complicated" stereotype collapsed

I think that any synth out there that you will give it some love , it will suprise you in the end of day. Its takes time, but it fully worths it. Learning to use the tools cannot be stretched enough.

Hey, yeh

I thought the Blofeld presets sucked a fair amount. So i wiped them all with the "forumOneTwoThree" presets found here

Much much better now and a better starting point.

Now i find my Blofeld is a prime candidate.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorman View Post
I've enjoyed working with mine as well, though I wonder how much of its potential I'm missing out on, since mine doesn't have the output upgrade mod.
I somehow forgot to make a test recording before the recap/mod. But it really improved the sound tremendously. Not just the cap and op amp mod on the output, but the whole replacing caps action.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

i think that any synth out there that you will give it some love , it will suprise you in the end of day. Its takes time, but it fully worths it. Learning to use the tools cannot be stretched enough.

+1.0000000
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
Until you get a model D
Hahahahaha thats the aim one day to have the voyager sitting next to a d
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Future Retro XS, flight of harmony Quad Plague Bearer
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

My D-550. I hate programming the danged thing, but when I actually sit down and do it, it can do some AMAZING stuff.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think that any synth out there that you will give it some love , it will suprise you in the end of day.
I agree.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Jomox air base 99- I love that thing!!!thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search