The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ChickenSys Translator Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 29th January 2014
Lives for gear

I wish my EPS16+ had analogue filters.
Old 29th January 2014
Lives for gear

Mmmh, seems like some rumours on the web are incorrect, manual indeed says digital filters!
I must have picked this up somewhere...

Peter.
Old 29th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4thlab View Post
I'm going to give a +1 for Translator, and I'm using the free version!

when you say ' free ' do you mean ' free ' ?
Yes, but it's very limited and actually doesn't translate anything. But I can use it for formatting and moving files. This is at the bottom of the splash screen when it loads:

"This is Translator 6 Free, a limited version of Chicken System's Translator 6 program. Currently this version demonstrates the functionality of Translator 6 plus ancillary functions. However, it does not do any translations"

I guess I'm taking advantage of ancillary functions.

Don, thanks for the tip, sounds like that could be even easier. I'll check it out.
Old 23rd May 2014
Lives for gear

Translator is half off these weekend, worth it?

My hardware samplers are EPS, ASR10, E4K, and Alesis Fusion. For sampling software have Reason and Live 9 Suite. I am assuming to get my floppies and SCSI converted I have to load this on my PC (I have a SCSI card in it), but my compact flash (E4K) and Fusion I could use my Mac?

Does picking this up making any sense in 2014? Seems about half the users on Gearslutz hate it, half like it.
Old 5th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
I didn't end up buying it, but I could just as easily blame that error on Windows….
Old 5th June 2014
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
I didn't end up buying it, but I could just as easily blame that error on Windows….
In that case, this is what welcomes you if you try to install it on Windows 7:

As you can see, CD is in the drive:

Mind you this is original Translator CD that i paid for, not some cracked junk.
Old 5th June 2014
Lives for gear

Works for me, why bashing it? I use it nearly daily. Sounds more like user error than Chickensys error.

On top of that the support is excellent, they always communicate.

I suggest that you stop using Windows Vista, for starters. That fact that you even mention cracked software does not make you look more knowledgeable, but less so.

For what I paid it's been invaluable for my needs, although I don't have a E4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
Translator is half off these weekend, worth it?

My hardware samplers are EPS, ASR10, E4K, and Alesis Fusion. For sampling software have Reason and Live 9 Suite. I am assuming to get my floppies and SCSI converted I have to load this on my PC (I have a SCSI card in it), but my compact flash (E4K) and Fusion I could use my Mac?

Does picking this up making any sense in 2014? Seems about half the users on Gearslutz hate it, half like it.
ps. the updates continue to roll out http://www.chickensys.com/downloads/...r6/history.txt check here to see if any of your issues have been fixed.
Old 5th June 2014
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakestyle View Post
Works for me, why bashing it? I use it nearly daily. Sounds more like user error than Chickensys error.

On top of that the support is excellent, they always communicate.

I suggest that you stop using Windows Vista, for starters. That fact that you even mention cracked software does not make you look more knowledgeable, but less so.

For what I paid it's been invaluable for my needs, although I don't have a E4.
I participated in "beta" testing the Akai translation for the Translator over a period of several months with Chickensys staff. As a result of that, Akai translation on Translator finally works properly. I've submitted at least 20 bug reports or more including some major ones that include key-mapping and missing samples. "it must be user's error" is a bit off the mark. Anyway i will submit mentioned problems to their database bug report. We'll see will they fix them.
Old 27th May 2016
Gear Addict

So I see that Chickensys is having sale.

I have an Emax and a Fantom XR

Would translator be useful/worth getting or not.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search