The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gettin rid of my Motu 24i/o - Can comeone recommend a similar card/setup? Audio Interfaces
Old 19th December 2010
Here for the gear

Gettin rid of my Motu 24i/o - Can comeone recommend a similar card/setup?

Hi...

I hope you can help...

I revcently nought Motu 24 i/o... It's been nothing but problems. Motu have been less than helpfull, so i really need to accept it and get rid of the card.

I bought he motu with the intention of going mixerless, plugging all drum machines/synths/fx etc straight into the motu.... Sadly the motu card crackles very loudly when audio is playing (and even when its not).

I am curious if anyone knows of another card/interface that has a high number of line inputs and outputs?

I can't seem to find anything over 8 in 8 out.

Or maybe there's a a better way of working....

Any help at all would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Eddie.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

A couple of things:

(1) If you ask over in the Music Computers section of the forum, folks might be able to help you fix your issues with your 24 i/o.

(2) I'm not aware of another product with so many analog ins and outs. However, many companies allow multiple units to be used simultaneously. So, for example, you could run three RME Multifaces together, which would give you 24 analog ins and outs.
Old 19th December 2010
Here for the gear

Thank you for the reply... appreciated!

With regards to the RME setup, which PCI card should i get to go with the interface?

Thanks
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Hi...

I hope you can help...

I revcently nought Motu 24 i/o... It's been nothing but problems. Motu have been less than helpfull, so i really need to accept it and get rid of the card.

I bought he motu with the intention of going mixerless, plugging all drum machines/synths/fx etc straight into the motu.... Sadly the motu card crackles very loudly when audio is playing (and even when its not).

I am curious if anyone knows of another card/interface that has a high number of line inputs and outputs?

I can't seem to find anything over 8 in 8 out.

Or maybe there's a a better way of working....

Any help at all would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Eddie.
SSL converters. Much much better quality. But a bigger price.. But very reasonable for the quality of the converters and the channel count.

Otherwise:

Apogee Rosetta 800 would give you 8 in 8 out. Can be found second hand for £1500 UK i reckon. Rosetta's are great units.. excellent quality.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Thank you for the reply... appreciated!

With regards to the RME setup, which PCI card should i get to go with the interface?

Thanks
I believe that it's this one: RME: HDSPe PCI Card

As a disclaimer, I don't own one of these myself, but folks around here seem pretty happy with RME's products.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

I use Solid State Logic and I'm very satisfied with this set up.

XLogic Alpha-Link MADI AX
Solid State Logic | Music

MX4
or

MadiXtreme
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Here is a very good bundle deal on a AlphaLink MADI AX + MadiXtreme interface for only 2055 EUR

SSL I/O BUNDLE - U.K. International Cyberstore

Kind regards
Demokid
Old 21st December 2010
crackles? check your buffer!
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Maniac
+ 1 for the Alpha Link...

This thing could be sold twice the price it currently is and would still fly right off the shelfs. We've made some tests with signal we'd attenuate -60dB, ran it through it, and amplified it back to nominal level... It really gives you a good idea of what happens down there. And I was seriously impressed!

They really are an excellent value for the price!
Cheers.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search