The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Original key/ pitch for AKAI samples?
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Original key/ pitch for AKAI samples?

Some of you knowledgeable about AKAI format ... I have the Phat & Phunkier AKAI CD and a couple of others that I've managed to import into Emulator X.

These are like construction kits with drums loop, bass and guitar riffs, etc. ... not multi-sampled instruments.

They import on a single key when translated. I have import options to throw the loops over an octave ... but I would like to know the original key of the loops so I can play it in key with my project without having to audition loop by loop to find the right one after I spread the loop across an octave.

In other words, I'd like to place the original sample loop on it's actual pitch and then spread it up and down 6 semitones from there. That way I simply play the note that is compatible with my project, e.g., root, IV and V.

Was there a convention on the key of these loops ... like maybe C3? Or is there a database somewhere? Or is it all a giant crap shoot?

Thanks.

Prado

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search