The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UA solo 610 preamp second hand, things to consider? Single-Channel Preamps
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Nut

UA solo 610 preamp second hand, things to consider?

Hey all,

I'm thinking of getting a Universal Audio Solo-610 preamp second hand. Is there things to consider in terms of wear & tear of the inner components, tubes and such?

The unit I'm looking at has been used three years so it's not _that_ old, and it's seen only studio use and hasn't been gigged. It's an ebay auction so there's no possibility to hear it before buying.

Is it possible to get a new tube and replace the used one if need be? Any experiences?

Cheers!
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Call UA customer support 9-5 pacicific standard time Universal Audio | Support

They are friendly and deal with questions about second hand UA gear .

Also the ebay sellers history goes a long way in telling you about the 610 . Has he/she sold used gear to happy buyers before? What feedback did they leave ? What story do the posted pictures tell you ? Scrutinize them for signs of wear and tear .

good luck .
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

you defiantly should be able to replace the tube but 3 years old isn't that old for a pre amp tube. Power amp tubes should last that long and they go bad much quicker. As for things to consider I would just asked the guy does it work ok any hums or intermintent sound or anything people on ebay are normaly pretty up front about that stuff. and pre amps are pretty simple circuits so most things would be easy fixes. The onlything I could think of is the tube might get damaged during shipping but I highly doubt that as well. If the listing says used may show signs of wear and tear but fully functional and this is something you would like to have if I were you I would just go ahead and pull the trigger. I'd say only about 1% of the time someone would screw you over like that.
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Nut

The auctioner seems to have sold a similar unit with the same picture a week ago, but still has zero feedback. Something fishy here... also there's this bidder with zero feedback bidding both the ended auction and this ongoing one, raising the bid but not buying.

Think i'll pass. Thanks for replies anyway, gotta keep on looking for another auction.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search