The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Katy Perry Firework Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 26th March 2012
Lives for gear
Sandy Vee talks about doing that track in Sound On Sound.

He also mentions he only works in "16 bit because it's going to be an mp3 anyway," (paraphrased) so perhaps he cannot be trusted.
Old 26th March 2012
Lives for gear

I'm 99% certain it's the same string patch used on the intro to Untouched by The Veronicas, if that helps somebody guess the source.

BTW- I've gone through VSL and no luck there.
Old 26th March 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlee View Post
funny, i was going to ask if anyone knew what the strings were on this track.

great, great pop song -- awful awful bridge lyrics 'boom boom boom .... even brighter than the moon moon moon.' but hey it works as i mid-8 i guess.
Sounded like it was lunch time and they had to finish the bridge first
Old 27th March 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaft9000 View Post
wtf is up with calling pop stars 'artists'.
No sh*t. Katy Perry is a puppet at best.
Old 27th March 2012
Lives for gear

Regardless of liking this sort of thing, it's a nice song with a great hook and Katy Perry has a great voice for this type of pop anthem.
I was at a Rite-Aid 30 minutes ago and this song was playing(I had never heard it before) and it stopped me in my tracks because it was a great pop tune.
Would I buy the CD, no but millions of kids will.As hard as it is to make a living in the music business, I tip my hat at anyone who has success on this level, you might not like the product but there's talent, hard work and skill involved.
Old 27th March 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc View Post
there's talent, hard work and skill involved.
Sure there is... from the engineer, producer, mixer, the photographer who did the album artwork, the drummer, the keyboardist, guitartist, and everyone else involved except for KP.
Old 27th March 2012
Lives for gear

I disagree , she has a great voice for this type of pop anthem, I never heard the song before I heard it tonight but I knew it was Katy instantly. yes she has a great team putting this together and crafting all of this but she's a pretty good singer with a recognizable voice with a style that the buying public likes and accepts.
Old 27th March 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
she's a pretty good singer with a recognizable voice with a style that the buying public likes and accepts.
The buying public doesn't know what real music is even if it came up from behind and bit them on the ass.
Old 27th March 2012
Quote:
I disagree , she has a great voice for this type of pop anthem, I never heard the song before I heard it tonight but I knew it was Katy instantly. yes she has a great team putting this together and crafting all of this but she's a pretty good singer with a recognizable voice with a style that the buying public likes and accepts.
I found the vocal delivery to be a bit one dimentional - like no-one said, "okay Katie, sing this part with some dynamics.. gently , to convey the depth of the words. "
It's all full blast... Is that really what people want to hear?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Gearslutz App
Old 27th March 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
agree about the production team and the voice , but the song is not something we will remember after this summer. I have to ask my daughter if she like it
Old 27th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog1 View Post
agree about the production team and the voice , but the song is not something we will remember after this summer. I have to ask my daughter if she like it
Of course not its pop, enjoy it now. It's a well crafted sugary indulgence.
Old 27th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necron 99 View Post
The buying public doesn't know what real music is even if it came up from behind and bit them on the ass.
Well on this point I agree on some level and disagree on another. I don't always like popular music(I listen to 20th Century Classical : Bartok,Berg etc...Jazz, Electronic/Industrial etc....)
But like Mr. Ellington said there's only 2 types of music good & bad.
The general public doesn't listen to music in the way musicians do but when millions of people like and buy a song,especially in these times, they often know a good pop tune instinctually better than us musicians who pick it apart on technical levels and forget the joy of a nice disposable pop tune.
Old 17th November 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1973 View Post
The Stargate Writing & Production Team

Here you go folks. Huge summaries. Forget those live orchestras. All coming out of a Mac and two external hard drives by the looks of it.
anyone knows a very realistic string library for kontakt?

im amazed.. but if it is indeed coming out of a mac without a live orchestra recroding then this... must be some kind of programming done .

Quote:
We got a call from Katy Perry’s manager,” remembers Vee, “who asked us if we wanted to re-record the strings with real orchestra. Mikkel, Tor and I talked about this, but we felt that the strings sounded pretty good as they were. Mikkel had cut Katy’s vocals, and the only other element of the song that wasn’t done in the box was the bass guitar. After we’d finished recording the song in New York, I exported all tracks again using AAF and returned to Paris, where I added real bass, using my Stuart Spector bass. There are no other live instruments on the track — I had programmed the drums as audio, using a Korg pad. After that I mixed the music for the song
Old 6th February 2013
Gear Nut

I just got symphobia 2 and my god its awesome

Sent from my Nexus 4

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search