The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
the best idea in the world Studio Monitors
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Zarific View Post
I've had this setup for years and the tv has never distracted me. Its good to have something else going on in the room so I don't feel so isolated all day. I couldn't imagine not having a tv.

Keep espn on in the morning, the office & friends in the afternoon, discovery at night and you're good!!
sick, man! thanks for sharing. yeah, honestly i do get a little lonely in there all day long. i was thinking of the tv for inspiration, but come to think of it youre right it would be nice having something else 'going on' psychologically. nice!
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalkinghead View Post
fenfire, that's a Tascam US2400. i JUST got it and am very excited about it. really wanted nice faders to mix with in logic and it works like a charm. only $800 (it was $2000 brand new but they stopped making it a few years back). definitely the best deal right now considering the mackie ones cost $1300 for 8 channels + extensions and the euphonix are even more ridiculous. i think there's another one floating around gearslutz.
Wow. Now I know what I will be hunting in the next weeks. Unfortunately, they go for 900+X euros on ebay Germany. Even considering shipping, I would spend less if I bought on ebay USA.
This is SO what I am looking for! Thanks a lot for your response!
And just to sneak myself into the choir of lovers: Very, very nice room you got there. Looks like my room- but the version 3.7 of it. And the screen is a good idea- you could add the only thing missing to it: a bit of vibe.

All the best!
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenfire View Post
Wow. Now I know what I will be hunting in the next weeks. Unfortunately, they go for 900+X euros on ebay Germany. Even considering shipping, I would spend less if I bought on ebay USA.
This is SO what I am looking for! Thanks a lot for your response!
And just to sneak myself into the choir of lovers: Very, very nice room you got there. Looks like my room- but the version 3.7 of it. And the screen is a good idea- you could add the only thing missing to it: a bit of vibe.

All the best!
thanks, man! yeah youre right.. it does need a chill vibe to put it all together. you will be really happy with the us2400. i bought from a guy on here, and if he had asked me for $1000 i still would have gotten it. it looks a bit dated, but hey... it works exceptionally well. i like mixing with these faders so much more than with a mouse.. there is just no comparison! and they are nice 10 bit faders, not some midi BS. get one!
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

phat set up man.

My friend is doing just that, he used his spare 40 inch walled adjacent to his regular set up. I've only seen him use it with maschine.. pretty nifty!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search