The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
BCR 2000 and oberheim matrix 6r Rackmount Synthesizers
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Head

BCR 2000 and oberheim matrix 6r

GUYS..SINCE the matrix 6r doesn't output midi when you move the edit parameters info internally..I cant get the bcr 2000 to learn the parameters, assign to a knob and away i go..HAS anyone PLEASE got a bc manager patch or a solution so i can use the bcr 2000 with the matix 6r PLEASE!!!! all help appreciated

Using bc manager, pc windows xp or 7 bcr 2000 a member of the yahoo group but no one will help??

BA
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Addict

Hi

maybe, this helps you:
Yahoo! Groups
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

try this :

http://machines.hyperreal.org/manufa...sysex.edit.txt

you will have to program it in manually , give it a go its no that hard . I programed my remote zero manually for a mks80 and its pretty easy once you figure it out the 1st time
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Head

dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvsky View Post
try this :

http://machines.hyperreal.org/manufa...sysex.edit.txt

you will have to program it in manually , give it a go its no that hard . I programed my remote zero manually for a mks80 and its pretty easy once you figure it out the 1st time
Mate i am quite happy taking the time to do it..but where how what do i put all that info you gave me in ..could you use dumb guy language for me..thanks..i am a producer of 22 years and know gear..just not this type of midi programming please help thanks alot

BA
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Just download one of those Matrix 6 editors, route its MIDI output to the BCR and make use of the LEARN function. It's not that difficult.
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendley View Post
Mate i am quite happy taking the time to do it..but where how what do i put all that info you gave me in ..could you use dumb guy language for me..thanks..i am a producer of 22 years and know gear..just not this type of midi programming please help thanks alot

BA
have a look at a similar synth patch with the editor to get an idea of what the BCR format looks like

it will have a long hex number like this:

F0 10 06 06 pp vv F7

you will see on that page the 1st batch of numbers do stuff (sysex start , oberheim id , device id)

PP is the parameter you want to change , theres the list of them down the bottom . 10 means saw shape , 11 pulse width etc

vv is the value , this changes when you move the knob . the BCR will have some sort of value for this which means "change this when I move the knob". On my remote zero its FF from memory

thats sort of it in a nutshell . if you can find some sort of oberheim sysex string to start from it will be easy as you can just change the relevant numbers (device ID etc) , the type and format of the string should be very similar

ive never used a bcr2000 but you use a text file editing program do this I think?
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by living sounds View Post
Just download one of those Matrix 6 editors, route its MIDI output to the BCR and make use of the LEARN function. It's not that difficult.
hi mate yeah thats what i want to do but i cant find any editors other than midiquest and i cantget that to operate...have you got any in mind, links ...thanks for your help

BA
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendley View Post
hi mate yeah thats what i want to do but i cant find any editors other than midiquest and i cantget that to operate...have you got any in mind, links ...thanks for your help

BA
c'mon dude. I entered "Oberheim matrix editor" into google and an editor (not midiquest) is the first link.

here's the editor's own link (I won't make you go thru google first...):

Matrix 2001

If you use a mac then maybe the seventh link would be better:

M1000X - OSX Patch Editor for Oberheim Matrix-6/6R/1000

The Ninth link is yet another editor program...you'll have to do the rest of the work yourself.
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Head

yeah got it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramseur View Post
c'mon dude. I entered "Oberheim matrix editor" into google and an editor (not midiquest) is the first link.

here's the editor's own link (I won't make you go thru google first...):

Matrix 2001

If you use a mac then maybe the seventh link would be better:

M1000X - OSX Patch Editor for Oberheim Matrix-6/6R/1000

The Ninth link is yet another editor program...you'll have to do the rest of the work yourself.
Been working hard 22 years..

Yeah its funny i have been looking for so long for some for the d550 and mks 50 took so long getting midi quest to try and work struggling to understand how to operate the bcr 2000 and bc manager....googled so much got so confused and your right it was right in front of me... i guess the term Librarian confused me..I dated one of them once..she kept going shhhhh to me had to let her go..

Thanks for your help...DUDE!
be nice..i appreciate your help...

YOU will be happy matrix 2001 works so thanks dude wont need to bother you any more.....You will have to excuse my google and computer illiteracy..but if you want to know anything about tape and analog gear hit me up DUDE!...it seems if you arent a computer brainiac these days you get hassled..lucky i can still make killer records ...(oh thats right they are called cd's now right ) Oh and how long is that for..

i was a dude once..the librarian shhhhhd me in the sack once and she was a dud....

oh well

thanks for all your help everyone..Truly appreciated.

BA

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search