The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Andromeda spare parts
Old 2nd June 2010
Lives for gear

Andromeda spare parts

You can find them here:

Alesis A6 Andromeda Spare Parts

If anyone knows another site, please share. I am trying to locate the modulation wheel and its mechanism because mine freaked out. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

I have attached the service manual for the Andromeda as well as the schematics, just in case someone wants them.

Yannis.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Andromeda-A6 BOM.pdf (516.2 KB, 4772 views) File Type: pdf A6_1.pdf (3.38 MB, 1182 views) File Type: pdf A6_2.pdf (4.32 MB, 360 views) File Type: pdf A6_3.pdf (116.0 KB, 242 views) File Type: pdf A6_4.pdf (3.91 MB, 291 views) File Type: pdf A6_5.pdf (1.40 MB, 383 views)
Old 2nd June 2010
F5D
Lives for gear

Thank you for the manuals. Downloaded them just in case. However, for some reason the preview in osx cannot open the 3rd pdf.
Old 2nd June 2010
Gear Head

Thanks for sharing this. I haven't seen this before. You know, I wonder...........I could just build another Andromeda from all these parts. ;-)

Cheers
Alpha
Old 2nd June 2010
Lives for gear

You are right. The 3rd pdf has a problem, I can't open it either.
Old 2nd June 2010
Gear Head

Have you tried doing the recalibration?

When i first got my A6 the Mod wheel didn't work but the pitch bender did... I got out my multimeter and both wheels had similar voltage ranges so I knew it wasn't the pot. After a recalibration, it worked fine. I forget the exact button sequence, its hidden somewhere in the manual. worth a try.

-Larry
Old 2nd June 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks for the heads-up. thumbsup

I just found it in the manual and it says that to recalibrate the Mod-wheel you just press and hold SoftButton 5 while powering up. Is that all?
Old 3rd June 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. thumbsup

I just found it in the manual and it says that to recalibrate the Mod-wheel you just press and hold SoftButton 5 while powering up. Is that all?

Pretty sure you just have to make sure that the wheel's in the off (down) position first.
Old 3rd June 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks for the manuals

Downloaded them just in case / for future reference. (I also can't open the third one)

I think I should hunt down some spare parts to future proof my Andy as I won't be selling it anytime soon.
Old 3rd June 2010
Lives for gear

I know I'm being a spoil-sport, but doesn't it bother anyone that on page 1 of the first PDF there's a very clear "you need an NDA to have these schematics", "do not distribute them electronically" warning?

As a tech I appreciate having service manuals, but I also know I've had to sign and send back NDA agreements with companies to get the service docs. When I've done that, I do not make copies and do not scan and post. Alesis and the A6 are still alive as far as service goes anyway, so I would think it would be frowned on to post the docs unless you actually contacted Alesis and got their agreement to put up scans.

Also as an aside, how many folks that actually downloaded the docs have the capability to do surface-mount repairs?

An ARP 2600 that is unsupported and the company out of business, I can see. The A6 is a bit more problematic in my mind.
Old 3rd June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy View Post
Alesis and the A6 are still alive as far as service goes.
Not exactly.

My technician called Alesis service department to get information on a few spare parts and he's been waiting for something like a month now for a reply.
Old 3rd June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy View Post
I know I'm being a spoil-sport, but doesn't it bother anyone that on page 1 of the first PDF there's a very clear "you need an NDA to have these schematics", "do not distribute them electronically" warning?

As a tech I appreciate having service manuals, but I also know I've had to sign and send back NDA agreements with companies to get the service docs. When I've done that, I do not make copies and do not scan and post. Alesis and the A6 are still alive as far as service goes anyway, so I would think it would be frowned on to post the docs unless you actually contacted Alesis and got their agreement to put up scans.

Also as an aside, how many folks that actually downloaded the docs have the capability to do surface-mount repairs?
while i'd agree its wrong to violate an NDA, at the same time, i have a big issue with manufacturers that would try to keep a service manual from a customer or tech, warranty or not. i mean, i bought the product, i should be able to get all the related materials for fixing it if i so desire...and it's not like this is keeping "vital information from competitors" or anything, the way i see it, this still this stuff will get around regardless, it's inevitable, so it's not really doing anyone any good keeping it a secret except making it difficult for actual customers to get things fixed themselves.

That said, I also agree that most people probably have no right messing with surface mount stuff. That's out of my league as well. I have no problem unsoldering 20+ pin ics and things like that but surface mount is a whole different game...
Old 6th June 2010
Here for the gear

Do you guys know if these boards are populated?
Old 6th June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not exactly.

My technician called Alesis service department to get information on a few spare parts and he's been waiting for something like a month now for a reply.
Chase them yourself..... Alesis Newmark computer system is not so great IME. There stock levels with regards to what they have in stock on the computers is wrong some of the time. If your item is not in stock ask if they can check with the person in spares just to see if there computer system is right or not. If you don't hear back from alesis within 2-3 days chase them as you may not be hearing from them otherwise. If you leave any order request with them always get a order number otherwise you most likely will not get it dealt with. These folks are work a 9-6 hour day 5 days a week expect friday when they get to go home a hour early so i don't really blame they for not having your request on the top of there work pile each day.
Old 23rd October 2012
Lives for gear

Has someone replaced the voice board ? Is it even available ?
Old 23rd October 2012
Here for the gear

I'm looking for a main pcb myself. That instrumentalparts website doesn't actually stock some of the items listed there. Been looking everywhere.
Old 23rd October 2012
Lives for gear
i hear this is a problem for the A6 - getting the parts, alesis have none in back stock and i a few people are starting to encounter issues with them now, quite concerning!
Old 23rd October 2012
Lives for gear

we just ordered andromeda parts from instrumentalparts.com for an andromeda we're about to sell to a customer. it took a while as they need to get them from somewhere else (probably alesis) and then resend them, but everything we ordered was there and the parts worked great.
as for not distributing the service manual, hasnt alesis given up on the andromeda? if so, i dont see any reason for them to want to prevent distribution of their service manual as it could be very helpful to non-authorized service centers or others who are qualified to repair an andromeda.
mini
Old 4th February 2015
Quote:
I have attached the service manual for the Andromeda as well as the schematics, just in case someone wants them.

Yannis.
Bringing this thread back from the dead to see if anyone has and will share the Page 3 schematics PDF that is not corrupt.

Page 3 (or rather set #3 ) will contain vital information pertaining to the Front Panel Left PCB. Thanks in advance!
Old 5th February 2015
Gear Addict

I think you would be interested in the google search for "a6 front panel left pcb", especially if you are decent at chopping parts off URLs.

Not trying to be snarky.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear