The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Mods--is this the correct forum to ask for feedback on songs?
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear

Mods--is this the correct forum to ask for feedback on songs?

I am working on a couple of tracks that I would like to get feedback on.

I noticed that some folks post tracks here looking for advice, but then I see that there is a whole 'nother forum supposedly for posting works in progress.

So, is it okay to post tracks here (where all of the people who actually know something about electronic music are) or should I post them in the other forum?
Old 6th May 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robonaut View Post

I noticed that some folks post tracks here looking for advice, but then I see that there is a whole 'nother forum supposedly for posting works in progress.

So, is it okay to post tracks here (where all of the people who actually know something about electronic music are) or should I post them in the other forum?
I'm not a mod, but I've noticed they don't usually remove them from here and it's better here as people are into EDM and I've noticed they often get ignored in the "work in progress" forum.
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear

I'm not a mod, but this is pretty common practice and generally accepted.

I've tried to post in the 'correct' forum before... you get few or NO responses, and I think the people who do frequent it are more guitar rock orientated.

I think a lot depends on how you present yourself...

If you post 'Here's my music go and buy it' it might not be so welcome, but if you post 'Here's my music, what can I do to improve it' you should be fine, and generally receive shedloads of really helpful tips that you would never have thought of.
Old 6th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonator View Post
you get few or NO responses
yeah it's really hard to get feedback over there, and the little feedback you do get is from other amateurs who are also looking for feedback or want to know how you achieve a certain sound you achieved (which is usually my case)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonator View Post
you get few or NO responses, and I think the people who do frequent it are more guitar rock orientated.

i posted a little industrial rock mix a few days ago and it got 48 plays and 0 comments

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/work-...-rock-mix.html
Old 6th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robonaut View Post

All cool. Feel free to post.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search