Battle Royale- TR 808 vs. TR 909
Old 24th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
808 for me...
and yet...

chuck those 'overdone', 'boring', 'cheesy', etc hihats, snare, etc. into a series of patterns, taking you to the bridge, variation, breakdown, etc. and you're 'home', in a sense. tend to can come back to them, with the ride and the crash, tok tok rimshot, ticky-tik hihat. i don't need a real one, the tr09 will do, or even a decent enough plugin to represent it - dependent on mood of course.

have a nice Dad House day
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibtl View Post
and yet...

chuck those 'overdone', 'boring', 'cheesy', etc hihats, snare, etc. into a series of patterns, taking you to the bridge, variation, breakdown, etc. and you're 'home', in a sense. tend to can come back to them, with the ride and the crash, tok tok rimshot, ticky-tik hihat. i don't need a real one, the tr09 will do, or even a decent enough plugin to represent it - dependent on mood of course.

have a nice Dad House day
Not sure I understand you.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Not sure I understand you.

:shrug: don't take it badly. just commenting. can't do any better than that i'm afraid. i'm more pro 808, but the 909 isn't so bad.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
:shrug: don't take it badly. just commenting. can't do any better than that i'm afraid. i'm more pro 808, but the 909 isn't so bad.
Classic Electro, Detroit Techno, Old School Hip Hop, 80s NYC Club and original Chicago House are my true taste (but also like alot of modern Electro/Techno/Other music), hence the 808 for me is no.1. I also like the sound of many other drum machines including 909 which is probably my 2nd fave.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
2nd fave.
tbh it isn't even my 2nd fave
it's way behind 808. it's... a flavour, like different cheeses. maybe it's the cheesiest cheese though.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
tbh it isn't even my 2nd fave
it's way behind 808. it's... a flavour, like different cheeses. maybe it's the cheesiest cheese though.
I said it's probably my 2nd as their is so many others I like, 707, DMX, 606 etc. So cant for sure say it's No.2. But it's close.
Old 25th October 2020 | Show parent
enc
Gear Maniac
808 for me

It's well documented YMO were the first band to feature the 808 on record in 1981 with ...1000 knives

little known fact... Portion Control was the first band to feature the 909 on record ...used extensively on their 1984 album Step Forward.

Stand out track for me... Under the Skin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rSR...q-zQf0&index=2
📝 Reply