The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
April 2010 New Gear Thread Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lain2097 View Post
Welcome to the club!

you know that jupiter is the next thing on my list, right? :P i feel like you're almost teasing me with that picture! Still trying to find one!
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Hazard View Post
Awesome! How do you like it? Pay much for it? I'd love to have one!
Haven't got it yet. Won it on eBay for $280. Seems like a reasonable price :-)
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfunkel View Post
Just ordered a pair of these:

Was gonna order the new Jomox as well, but didn't have the money after all.
Nice choice i have a pair and love them, best investment ive made
Old 21st April 2010
Here for the gear

finally bought Peak 'n a PSA

Okay folx, here's the public confession, as a service to the common good: i used a crack of Peak for more than 2 years (5.2). i know, huh? well, i got my shiz together and consolidated my performance kit, and use no more cracked software- turns out i only use a few choice pieces, and are glad to own them (Logic Pro, Modul8, FCE, MH +dsp licence etc)... er, except for that crack of Peak i was still using because its such a fine effing program. I end up doing a lot of sample/audio editing for my little projects, and had really come to rely on Peak because the workflow is so darn sweet.

Well, been puttin the nose to the grindstone instead of the clown hat, and finally bought Peak. Awesome! 6 is awesome, and i feel so clean, and can get updates and and 6 is just frickin' excellant and I'm sure 7 will be even sharper.

Pro was $399 at B&H! I love having the hardcopy manual!

Just wanted to share that with you all
chxxrs
Attached Thumbnails
April 2010 New Gear Thread-iboughtpeak.jpg  

Last edited by JaylikeBird; 21st April 2010 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: add buy info
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

A few Malekko/Wiard modules.
Attached Thumbnails
April 2010 New Gear Thread-walekko.jpg  
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottn View Post
This is my favorite analog keyboard.
I still use one on my primary computer where I do the most typing. They have a nice tactile feeling. DEC used to have these spongy keyboards back in the 80s and I had tendinitis from using those damn things. Ever since then I have been conscious of keyboard feel and avoiding the spongy stuff, and never got tendinitis again.
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mono-poly View Post
I'm afraid to see what "some" or "many" looks like!
Old 21st April 2010
Gear Guru

Look what the cat just dragged in... The tuba patch is actually surprisingly nice, and the square wave (preset Song Whistle) is not exactly like Mike Oldfield's Incantations - this one has more clarity.
Attached Thumbnails
April 2010 New Gear Thread-1.jpg   April 2010 New Gear Thread-2.jpg   April 2010 New Gear Thread-3.jpg  
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
Look what the cat just dragged in... The tuba patch is actually surprisingly nice, and the square wave (preset Song Whistle) is not exactly like Mike Oldfield's Incantations - this one has more clarity.
Haha nice, original box and everything. Looks very pretty. I think it has the same keybed as my SH-2? So eventlally you'll be on "our" side, racks full of real hardware machines?
Old 21st April 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
So eventlally you'll be on "our" side, racks full of real hardware machines?
Huh?
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Huh?
Sorry. That was a jab in regards to your prior assertions that softies were "good enough" if disguised into the case of a real machine. Now real vintage is starting to creep into your collection. Too bad it doesn't have cv/gate.

Never mind then
Old 21st April 2010
Gear Guru

No, I was puzzled because of the "side" you mention. I still stand by my assertion, though I'm willing to concede that we'll perhaps need a few more years and kick-in-the-butts for the major companies, and that just putting the actual circuitry in there in the first place instead of a silent computer can be cheaper in some cases.

See, this is what I already have:

(not shown: Solina String Ensemble)

and today, I picked up the CS6x for a song, too. Will have to get it fixed, though.

So yeah, rather plebeian, innit? heh
Attached Thumbnails
April 2010 New Gear Thread-6.jpg   April 2010 New Gear Thread-7.jpg   April 2010 New Gear Thread-8.jpg   April 2010 New Gear Thread-9.jpg  
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cool find.
I have seen these used in town from time to time & have always been curious.
Old 21st April 2010
Quote:
you're a scary person hehthumbsup
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
lol, it looks like you're playing a game of mahjongg with those boxes laid out like that.
Old 21st April 2010
Gear Guru

It gets boring quickly if you're not into playing funk solo lines. Luckily, I am into that!

I believe it's got one oscillator and a sub that can be set at various octaves. An SH09 is more fun - instant Jamiroquai and snappier envelopes (the SH may have snappy ones but it's not really showing them off in the presets, and since you can't modify anything you're sort of out of luck).

It doesn't do badly against my Juno-60 - it's a bit more gentle in character and there's a wee bit more liveliness in the oscillator (Juno chorus switched off of course).
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

@Yoozer okay fair enough. Still there's something odd to me about keeping keyboards stacked away in a closet.

If this were me, I'd look into mods for cv/gate control.
Old 21st April 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Still there's something odd to me about keeping keyboards stacked away in a closet.
I only have 2 X-stands and a 4-tier Jaspers Alu, so I can't put all of 'm somehwere - but the biggest problem is simply space. I had to move to a smaller room.

Quote:
If this were me, I'd look into mods for cv/gate control.
It'd be nice (although blasphemy) if it was possible to make some kind of a Roland SEM out if it.
Old 22nd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
lol, it looks like you're playing a game of mahjongg with those boxes laid out like that.
Lol i kinda laid them out how i wanna have them in my system once it's done.
Old 22nd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I remember reading somewhere (as always), that he recorded the clarinet preset at half speed to get that sound? Either way, cool little synth, got one also heh

BTW, is the aftertouch on this supposed to be a smooth action?
Mine is a clicky on/off type, but that's because the previous owner had it "fixed".
Old 22nd April 2010
Gear Guru

The keys feel rather cheap (though not as cheap as on a Korg Micro-X). I couldn't get a lot of nuance out of the aftertouch either, so perhaps it's just the mechanism.
Old 22nd April 2010
Gear Addict

Future Retro XS!
W00t!
Old 22nd April 2010
Lives for gear

My new beast!

Old 22nd April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by roland4387 View Post
whoeha
how does it sound?
Old 22nd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
whoeha
how does it sound?
That was exactly my reaction! I had one back in the mid-nineties but it was stolen so this is the first time I've had my hands on one since and I couldn't be more stoked. So far it sounds great, with the exception of some of the knobs are a little noisy but nothin' my tech. can't fix. Can't wait to get home and crank out some weird ****!
Old 23rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Congrats with the 101 !
Old 23rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland4387 View Post

Very nice! They sound great!
Old 23rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks guys! Just gotta figure out how I'm going to control it externally now....
Old 23rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Just bought a Korg EA-1 to join my ER-1.

I'm planning to keep them both at work for extra procrastination.
Old 23rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Some great looking gear fellow slutz.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search