The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
April 2010 New Gear Thread Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 20th April 2010
Gear Maniac

This is my favorite analog keyboard.
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Vintage analog

Old 20th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Super super vintage analog!
Old 20th April 2010
Gear Maniac
In the mailbox this morning: Custom filter made by a Helios tech in the 70's...

Old 20th April 2010

envy

just kidding!
nice setup in a huge church! and you have a VOG as well. FTW!!!!!
lol
Old 20th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Snare.

Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Just got one of these, booooooooooooooooring
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by axm311 View Post

Just got one of these, booooooooooooooooring
No not really, quite nice. Almost bought one myself just a deal for an AMT-8 came along. Not into the midi timing bs more for practical reasons; all the inputs are great for using software editors (no cable swapping) and I have a few old machines which have limited midi capabilities. Every midi-based studio should have an 8x8 midi interface, makes life much easier.
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lain2097 View Post
Every midi-based studio should have an 8x8 midi interface, makes life much easier.
yeah, midisport 4x4 was behaving very badly so I must admit I'm looking forward to some smoother operations
Old 20th April 2010
PTB
Lives for gear

Quote:
No not really, quite nice. Almost bought one myself just a deal for an AMT-8 came along. Not into the midi timing bs more for practical reasons; all the inputs are great for using software editors (no cable swapping) and I have a few old machines which have limited midi capabilities. Every midi-based studio should have an 8x8 midi interface, makes life much easier.
I need a MIDI interface ASAP. I'm torn between the MOTU 8x8 and the M-audio Midisport 8x8. Any knowledge on which is the better/more stable/less latency model?

Thanks
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTB View Post
I need a MIDI interface ASAP. I'm torn between the MOTU 8x8 and the M-audio Midisport 8x8. Any knowledge on which is the better/more stable/less latency model?

Thanks
get the motu, m-audio sucks. all you need to know heh
Old 20th April 2010
Deleted #8726
Bought the Korg and lots of high-end tubes!
Attached Thumbnails
April 2010 New Gear Thread-korg_es-1_main.jpg  
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks
Motu is actually cheaper (unless you need the model with SMPTE)

go Motu all the way, i have problems with one port that just stops working until you reset the computer (on the M Audio that is). I only got the MIDIsport 4x4 bc it was dirt cheap used and i only needed 3x3 in at the time

Last edited by axm311; 20th April 2010 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: clarifying
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

+1 for Motu midi
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushton View Post
+1. Actually, I should have listed my new MIDI Express XT (8x8) among my new toys for April. It replaced a MIDISport 8x8 that has be an unreliable piece of crap for years. One of the best moves I've made in ages.
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Just ordered a pair of these:

Was gonna order the new Jomox as well, but didn't have the money after all.
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryophonik View Post
+1. Actually, I should have listed my new MIDI Express XT (8x8) among my new toys for April. It replaced a MIDISport 8x8 that has be an unreliable piece of crap for years. One of the best moves I've made in ages.
I've used a Midisport 8x8/S for nearly 9 years. It worked just fine until I upgraded my PC about 4 years ago. Since then, Windows XP refuses to recognize the Midisport in USB mode, so I've been using it in Serial mode all this time, which kinda sucks because I have to turn on the Midisport first or else my PC won't boot. Other than that, it works ok most of the time, but if I were looking for a new interface, I would look elsewhere.

Also, the Midisport totally sucks as a MIDI patchbay. You can only program it with the M-Audio software, which only works in USB mode (so it doesn't work here), and you cannot use it as a MIDI interface and patchbay simultaneously.
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks
To echo the others: Motu, Motu, Motu! Also if you can find it, the Steinberg Midex 8 is worth a mention.
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
To echo the others: Motu, Motu, Motu! Also if you can find it, the Steinberg Midex 8 is worth a mention.
Quote:

Thanks
*the best midi interface search... can you help?
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottn View Post
This is my favorite analog keyboard.
Yeah... I liked those a lot.... hehe
Old 20th April 2010
PTB
Lives for gear

Thanks for all the feedback guys...hmnnn hard decision ...NOT

MOTU
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfac View Post
I've used a Midisport 8x8/S for nearly 9 years. It worked just fine until I upgraded my PC about 4 years ago. Since then, Windows XP refuses to recognize the Midisport in USB mode, so I've been using it in Serial mode all this time, which kinda sucks because I have to turn on the Midisport first or else my PC won't boot. Other than that, it works ok most of the time, but if I were looking for a new interface, I would look elsewhere.

Also, the Midisport totally sucks as a MIDI patchbay. You can only program it with the M-Audio software, which only works in USB mode (so it doesn't work here), and you cannot use it as a MIDI interface and patchbay simultaneously.
That sounds almost EXACTLY like my experience! Although I was able to get both Vista and W7 to recognize it, but connection was very intermittent and fidgety. And, yeah, standalone mode in the M-Audio sucks.
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Arriving today

-D
Old 20th April 2010
Gear Nut

MD +drive for my UW !!
Old 20th April 2010
Last Saturday I found an six-channel Echolette SE300A mono mixer with tape delay for 25 Euros, including the case.
I'll have my tech check it and clean the heads (I happened to have a new tape loop lying around) - keep your fingers crossed!
And even if it's completely beyond repair (which I doubt - the delay motor is running at least), it's still worth it for the two yellow pot caps I needed for my TAM-19.

And today an MKS-30 arrived at my home - dirty as hell, smelling like 20 years of metal rehearsal garage, but working.
Owner's manual is on the way, and I'm on the prowl for a PG-200.

Cheers,
Bert
Old 20th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushton View Post
Never had a problem with my 8x8. M-Audio has more features.

It's discontinued so go with the Unicorn.
Old 21st April 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami Digital View Post
Arriving today

-D
Awesome.
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

soooo....i bought a tb-303. it's not here yet. It was shipped this morning from the other side of the states, i'll probably not see it for another 5 business days at least. But i think it'll arrive in april.

i will then have 101/303/606/707/808/909. don't think a 202/505/626 are worth it with my current stuff, maybe a 727 though...

roland....collect teh whole set and win a prize!
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
soooo....i bought a tb-303..
Welcome to the club!

Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Finally pulled the trigger on an Eclipse and picked up a 16 channel TRS snake from out the classifieds.

Stoked for some eventide knob twiddling soon.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search