The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
April 2010 New Gear Thread Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 8th April 2010
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Best 10 bucks ever invested.

The seller didn't had the power adapter so one was interested for the auction. With a special thanks to rockmanrock who told me exact voltages i was able to do the adapter myself. Given it's an AC adapter, there' no much work. Just one transformer, 3 fuses, one box and two cables. Had most of components already.

Sound: straight from Satan's toilet. LOL! Fantastic!!! Interesting - this unit has zero noise and doesn't sound lo/fi at all. No artifacts of any kind.

Old 8th April 2010
Deleted 46dc28f
Just pre-ordered one of these

Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

I got this. Totally not hardware, but i don't care!

And, unless the person who's buying my MP-7 backs out, i'll be getting one of these this weekend:
Old 9th April 2010
Gear Nut

my 2 purchases for April..

Absolutely beautiful, so rich, phat, organic, unique..

&

Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

The Mono/Poly is a great synth! So is the 101 =o] I've modded my 101 for extended LFO range. SOOO much nicer =o]
Old 9th April 2010
Gear Nut

ive been playing with the Monopoly for the last few days and it makes sounds that just amaze me... give it 15mins or so to warm up and wow, its so nice to the ears, i didnt get this satisfaction from my moog voyager straight up, it took some weeks to get to sounds where i stood back in amazement.
Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post

The seller didn't had the power adapter so one was interested for the auction. With a special thanks to rockmanrock who told me exact voltages i was able to do the adapter myself. Given it's an AC adapter, there' no much work. Just one transformer, 3 fuses, one box and two cables. Had most of components already.

Sound: straight from Satan's toilet. LOL! Fantastic!!! Interesting - this unit has zero noise and doesn't sound lo/fi at all. No artifacts of any kind.

Nice one, Don - There's something about those early digital reverbs... my favorite is the MIDIVerb II

I wouldn't mind getting an SPX90 either one of these days

And was it you or Clusterchord who loves the PCM-70? Never tried that one, but I did try the PCM-60 and that was phenomenally realistic I thought
Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post

Glad to hear you've got it working but no noise/artifacts? Are you sure? The reverb sounds great but mine dissolves into a pile of 12-bit fizz at the end of every reverb tail. I suppose it depends how you've got your levels set and what you define as noise - there's no constant white noise hiss like with my Zoom 1201 but you can hear why companies went for 24 bit processing as soon as they could.

What I really like about it is that it has no proprietary Alesis DSP chips in there, it's all off the shelf parts, amazing stuff. I got hold of one of these recently:

In the AH archives there's mention of a third party EPROM which provides another set of patches for a Midiverb/Midifex box, would be good to track that down.

If you like the MV1 then try a MV2, it sounds amazing on percussion to me and the triggered flanging kicks arse. Not many long cavernous patches on it but some nice 'blooms'.

There's a great article on Alesis/Keith Barr and the Midiverb history here.
Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

i went a little nuts yesterday and fell down the rabbit hole......spent even more than the Sunsyn or the 2600

ModularWorld flightcased portable modular fx-battery and new OTO Biscuit

Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
There's a great article on Alesis/Keith Barr and the Midiverb history here.
That was an interesting read, thank you. Made me want to try a Midiverb II.
Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

Hello Baby! Come to Daddy!

I'm finally back together with an Emax. This time it's an Emax SE HD Rack.

I'm still waiting for my MPC1000 to arrive, stuck in transit.....
Old 9th April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse View Post
After a long resistance, I've now picked up a Virus Indigo 2. I will try to refrain from playing trance, but it might be a loosing battle....

I recently fell back in love with mine. Was surprised to find an OS update avaliable for midi timing fix! But the indigo 2 is, for me, the baddest LOOKING synth ever made. I bought it 100% because of how it looked... well that and the virus engine....heh But sadly mostly how it looked. And for 800 at the time it was a STEAL!

Im not a fan of the TI at all... to smooooooooooooth...

But the Indigo 2 with the last OS is a really great synth! Mine sits above my 74 minimoog for a nice contrast of old and new!
Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

my first mic!

Old 9th April 2010
Gear Maniac

And great choice too! They work pretty well for just about anything!
Old 9th April 2010
Gear Nut

- Elektron +drive for my UW mk1
- Shockmounts for my Hamburg & oktava's mk012
- I can feel there is a padkontrol coming up..
Old 9th April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T71 View Post
Just preordered one of these

Preeeety
Old 9th April 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
Glad to hear you've got it working but no noise/artifacts? Are you sure? The reverb sounds great but mine dissolves into a pile of 12-bit fizz at the end of every reverb tail.
LOL! Over here it is just clean. I really expected Satan's toilet as you described it, but somehow, turned out clean sounding. Maybe i should point out that i replaced capacitors on the PSU with new ones. (old ones were dried out). I wonder how does DAC behave with non stable voltages... maybe adds some noise?

Quote:
If you like the MV1 then try a MV2, it sounds amazing on percussion to me and the triggered flanging kicks arse. Not many long cavernous patches on it but some nice 'blooms'.
Now that both you and Paolo mentioned the MV2 i guess i should really try it. I mean... they go for less than VSTi plugins. heh
Old 9th April 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Varaldo View Post
And was it you or Clusterchord who loves the PCM-70?
Probably Clusterchord. heh But i have PCM 70 on my "to get list". In fact it's the next thing i'm getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiesmalls View Post
Korg Mono/Poly
Absolutely beautiful, so rich, phat, organic, unique..
Detune Mod for Korg Mono/Poly soon in synth mods section. Just finished design last week. Works perfect.

This will give you proper +/-7 semitone detune of each VCO instead of the useless +/-1.
Old 9th April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeonsound View Post
my first mic!
That should be everyone's first mic. You chose wisely.
Guitar Center should require "proof of SM57 ownership" in order to buy any other recording gear.
Old 9th April 2010
Gear Addict

for my MKS80....

and

for my second DAW system (imac&logic&ableton)
Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamonu View Post
What does it do exactly?
Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

Old 9th April 2010
Gear Addict

SEM!

Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear
Just picked one of these up - the quintessential Nick Rhodes string sound. Now I just need a Prophet-5 and I've got his entire setup for the first album
Attached Thumbnails
April 2010 New Gear Thread-crumar_performer.jpg  
Old 9th April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon111 View Post
SEM!
Sweet!
Ordered? Or did it arrive already? The MIDI ones just started shipping a few days ago I think.
Old 9th April 2010
for me this month:

Old 9th April 2010
Deleted 46dc28f
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon111 View Post
SEM!
That'll look nice next to your light colored Solaris.
Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

SWAN808:
How's that FMR compressor treating you? All of my processing is done ITB right now, but I've been thinking about adding a compressor (mainly to beef up the already beefy Jomox 888). Do you think the FMR is up to the task? Their RNC is supposed to be very clean and transparent even when there's a lot of gain reduction going on, but the one you got is supposed to "have loads of character." I'd be interested in your subjective report.
Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexp View Post
Kreeper your going to love that thing! heh
The Matrix 1000 came in today and it sounds deluxe.

The unit seems to make a slight hum and I can feel vibrations when touching the unit. I'm guessing this is not normal?
Old 9th April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lain2097 View Post
What does it do exactly?
takes midi cc
spits roland sysex....

i want to be able to program MKS80 through a novation Zero SL MKII but i cannot be bothered to do anything with sysex.

Also many of the parameters on the mks80 are 0-99 and this makes them 0-127...very useful little box......

its also useful for other roland boxes but the mks80 is the one i feel neglected because of the programmability factor...
(and mpg80 is out of the question!!!!)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search