The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
April 2010 New Gear Thread Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 3rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai View Post
but do they sound better than Stanto DJ Pro 60 ?
I should hope so.. considering the stantons are 30 bucks and the denons are close to 400 (though you can find them much cheaper some places)

I'd consider the denon's about the closest things to a pair of super accurate monitors that you can find in headphones. super flat frequency response and no distortion.
Old 3rd April 2010
Lives for gear

changes

false alarm
Old 4th April 2010
Lives for gear

The StudioLive I ordered last month just showed up. Can't wait to hook it up and find out just how well two of them play together. heh
Old 4th April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
The StudioLive I ordered last month just showed up. Can't wait to hook it up and find out just how well two of them play together. heh
Do tell... I can't remember is that means 2 firewire cables or what...

What are you running them into Software and Mac or PC?
Old 5th April 2010
Lives for gear

Old 5th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazper View Post
Do tell... I can't remember is that means 2 firewire cables or what...

What are you running them into Software and Mac or PC?
It works by plugging your master StudioLive into the computer directly, and then plugging the slave into the master via FireWire. I've got this running on PC with Reaper as my main DAW.

I'm glad that I'm an idiot, though. Turns out that I've been reading the manual wrong, and thought that when you connect two StudioLive's up, it was supposed to lose the ability to send anything outside of your mixing channels to the DAW (i.e. you don't get to record the main out, the sub mixes, sends etc.) Well, I hooked it all up last night and was pleasantly surprised to find that it's letting me record all thirty-two mixer channels, the main outputs, the sub outputs, etc. all at the same time. So yeah, I'm extremely happy with this thing now. heh
Old 5th April 2010
Lives for gear

Kreeper your going to love that thing! heh

You guys are way sluttier than me! I dont have anything new yet, and its already the 4th!

alexP
Old 5th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Just got a copy of Spectrasonics Omnisphere and the Roland RE-201 emulation for my UAD card. That pretty much blows my budget for April.
Old 6th April 2010
just picked this up dirt cheap, to use this with a few noisier chaps in my live setup, like electric violin and rhodes:

April 2010 New Gear Thread-img_7474.jpg

its an APHEX 612 dual noise gate, with hp/lp sidechain filters, hold etc.. supposed to be one of the better gates out there. also, it will double duty in studio for some sidechain gating (like using loop or hihat on a synth etc)
Old 6th April 2010
Lives for gear

I've caught the bug

After a long resistance, I've now picked up a Virus Indigo 2. I will try to refrain from playing trance, but it might be a loosing battle....

Old 6th April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse View Post
After a long resistance, I've now picked up a Virus Indigo 2. I will try to refrain from playing trance, but it might be a loosing battle....

You decided not to go with a TI? I imagine they are quite a bit more expensive than the Indigo 2, eh...

Boy do I miss my Virus KC...
Old 7th April 2010
Lives for gear

I didn't take any pics yet, but I'll update once i do...I got a prophet 5 rev3.2! Upgraded to 3.3 with full memory expansion + midi! It's pretty. It was in the classifieds here for a while and was a local sale none the less!
Old 7th April 2010

(I got Photoshop)
Old 7th April 2010
Lives for gear

Now if I can just get the firmware update to work....
Old 7th April 2010
Gear Head

Just got this - including the mint D19 in the background - for $170! heh
Old 7th April 2010
hopefully i'll sell my prophet '08 and get an xs this month
Old 7th April 2010
Lives for gear

Just ordered one of these the other day and it should be arriving tomorrow:

Odd choice I know, but it's cheap and apparently has it's 'own' sound, so figured it was worth a try while I wait for money to get something a bit better.
Old 7th April 2010
this has NO sound and HUGE headroom
more than 24 bit.
sort of the opposite of the Zoom
not dissing that!! I LOVE cheap effect boxes!
loving my nanoverb while everyone is pissing on it. (who cares)
anyway Malotki
for the unbalanced inserts on the mixer...
Old 7th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundxplorer View Post

(I got Photoshop)
Old 7th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
this has NO sound and HUGE headroom
more than 24 bit.
sort of the opposite of the Zoom
not dissing that!! I LOVE cheap effect boxes!
loving my nanoverb while everyone is pissing on it. (who cares)
anyway Malotki
for the unbalanced inserts on the mixer...
same look like that wsw transformers I sent ya

Old 7th April 2010
Lives for gear

alright well I said I'd post a picture when I took one, this is not the greatest pic in the world but here's my recently acquired prophet 5! Yes, I've finally left roland-kingdom and bought an american made synth. rev3.2 upgraded to 3.3 w/full patch memory and midi! Yay.

Old 7th April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by roginator View Post
same look like that wsw transformers I sent ya

yup! same specifications too. different winding, but same period (late fifties), same principle design, and for the same sort of gear (tube amps in consoles) these are from Berlin, the WSW from Wien. They all sound great! clear beautiful tone, controlled bass, vibrant highs. Have heard other good Transformers of course, but these two kinds are amongst the cleanest yet.
they'll be together in one box. nice and cosy
I might need a few more WSW!! you got?

nice prophet! so many nice synths here lately, my eyes are saturated. heh
Old 8th April 2010
PTB
Lives for gear

I've talked about a few purchases but here they are.

Working out specs for a special cross-bending project for the SK1 and VL-5 and I got the 118, 120, and a 160.
Attached Thumbnails
April 2010 New Gear Thread-photo-1.jpg   April 2010 New Gear Thread-photo.jpg   April 2010 New Gear Thread-photo-2.jpg  
Old 8th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Today I bought a pair of HS50Ms.
Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

Just won a buddy for my Nord Lead 3:

Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

Received Superior Drummer 2.0 and Steven Slate Drums.

I now have the Plan B Wave Splicer and a Buchla LPG clone with custom paint jobs for my Euro.

Forgot to mention last month I bought the Doepfer Vocoder. Now I need housing for it, or I'm going to have to pull out modules in my Doepfer case all the time and play the switching game.
Old 8th April 2010
Gear Addict

Red Andromeda A6 (not my actual unit)

Has probably pushed my dreams of a CODE8 back a year, but it will be a
very good year

I like my analog tone and wasn't sure if the A6 would cut the mustard. I was very pleasantly surprised. Yes it sounds like bad VA... until you follow the folk lore of how to coax it (the tuning off, the fx off, the filter inputs low, ban the presets) -have yet to try the individual outs...

Great sound. So flexible. Nice polyphony.

A clear winner in the category of "If I could only keep one synth..."

Unfortunatly I now have to go on holiday and can't take it on the plane.
Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord
just picked this up dirt cheap, to use this with a few noisier chaps in my live setup, like electric violin and rhodes:
hey, as a fellow 'lectric violinist (who also wrestles with issues) i'd be really interested to find out more about your live signal chain...

as for me, i got one of these:

cheap fun!
Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
I should hope so.. considering the stantons are 30 bucks and the denons are close to 400 (though you can find them much cheaper some places)

I'd consider the denon's about the closest things to a pair of super accurate monitors that you can find in headphones. super flat frequency response and no distortion.
Mine got here yesterday, and I'm very pleased with them. The soundstage is super wide and the dynamics are excellent. Transparent with excellent bass extension. You can make them really rattle your head if you want to. Not that you should. I've heard things in my own mixes that I couldn't hear before (e.g. faint reverb trails, dynamics problems). Should be great to mix and track with. I'm currently burning them in.
I got them to replace my Futuresonics Atrios, which are also very nice... they've got huge bass (especially for in-ear-monitor type headphones) and they're easily driven. They're now my fulltime "on the go" phones. Great for only 200 bucks. Your iPod needs them. Bad.

Also, I had a blast last night with the Denons on, playing bass through the Freqbox out through the Moog Voyager with the filter at medium reso controlled by the envelope follower from the FreqBox (and being FM'd by osc 3, which was tuned to the root but not mixed into the audio path, just as a CV). Fuzzy harmonic fatness.
Old 8th April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutjob View Post
Has probably pushed my dreams of a CODE8 back a year, but it will be a
very good year
dude, there's an aussie CODE6 on sale right now.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search