The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Track has glitches when uploaded to Myspace, SoundCoud etc Dynamics Plugins
Old 23rd January 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
That's just odd though...

If your issue was as far back in the chain as your OS & DAW, then surely the issues would have been inherent & audible in your mix & master... not only when it got uploaded to soundcloud.

This is what I thought too, but the tracks sounded great playing through Logic 7, Quicktime, car stereo systems and even in clubs. As soon as I uploaded them to the web, the audio would have problems whether it be Youtube, Mypsace or Soundcloud. I dont know much about software and coding but something was definitely corrupt in my old setup.
Old 23rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
All of this seems to totally go against logic.

... Apart from Soundcloud recommending that you upload 320kbps... because that will obviously MASSIVELY reduce their server requirements.

Converting a 128 kbps mp3, using an mp3 as a source, sounds like total heresy to me!

Nowadays, I personally upload 16 bit dithers. Although 24 bit might have a very very tiny edge as an mp3 conversion source, with 16 bit I can send tracks to people's Soundcloud drop box, and they can then burn the instantly to disc should they wish (or still be able to rip themselves an mp3 if they prefer.).
100% when I was uploading a WAV there was very noticable distortion. I uploaded an MP3 and there was less distortion and glitchyness. I had this problem on Friday and spend the best part of a day uploading a track to Sound Cloud, listening back to it, then bouncing down another version with less LIMITING and uploading it. Trial and error.

At first I thought it was because I was pushing too hard on the Limiter, but with my peaks at -3db and it still distorting on Sound Cloud I thought something else was causing it.

I am probably wrong though, as I still struggle to get my uploaded tracks to match other peoples audibility and clarity so the problem is probably stemming from something in the mix down.
Old 23rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Think there are some ghosts in your guys' machines!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search