The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Going soft??????? Yep, finally seen the light. yippeeeeee! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 29th May 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdamery View Post
O.P., I teach English as a foreign language. Would you like to take some lessons on Skype? I charge $10 per hour.
Is that American English or the Queens sir?
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

Portion Control have gone ITB years ago & never looked back too.Never miss their cv/gate days(or so they say)..

I have plenty of hardware analog synths/drum machines.Used to have several VA'a too but sold most of them 'cause i hate having to deal with menu buttons.Prefer a VST over a hardware VA for that reason.& yes, VST's now sound as good as the VA's...in my opinion.

No matter how much i love my Korg MS family & custom modular, Reason will always be like a brother to me.

Whenever i tweak an analogue the sound coming out seems unbelievable to me.However, put it in a mix next to equivalent VST's & i can hardly spot the difference(if any).I reckon it's because i was eyeballing & touching/feeling a solid surface that proportionally blew me away, not the hardware itself.

Last edited by kevin nowhow; 29th May 2012 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: correction
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdamery View Post
O.P., I teach English as a foreign language. Would you like to take some lessons on Skype? I charge $10 per hour.
Don't worry about it - he'd just come back and tell you about his dyslexia and then go off on another rant. He hasn't posted for about a year. Shortly before this post I'd seen him posting on SOS like a total noob and asking basic stuff about well known synths and generally sounding very new to all this and then he was on here like an expert going on about all his gear (and seemingly experience) with no little degree of aggression ... and then this post. As it happens it's the only thing I ever really agree with that I ever saw him post (flame suit on )

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search