The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New FS1R Programmer
Old 23rd December 2009
Deleted 46dc28f
New FS1R Programmer

Last month I got a new Mackie C4 Pro for a great price in hopes I could use it to program and tweak patches on my FS1R. Now I can without having to go through the hassle of making a template for it as this one just came out: FS1R

...Combined with my new Lemur I'll have the best FM synth UI known to man. heh
Old 23rd December 2009
Lives for gear

If you get it working well with the Lemur put some videos on YouTube. That sounds really great.
Old 23rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T71 View Post
Last month I got a new Mackie C4 Pro for a great price in hopes I could use it to program and tweak patches on my FS1R. Now I can without having to go through the hassle of making a template for it: FS1R

...Combined with my new Lemur I'll have the best FM synth UI known to man. heh

you got a lemur......

r

(poisoned with envy)

Old 23rd December 2009
Deleted 46dc28f
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilon View Post
you got a lemur......

r

(poisoned with envy)

Holiday promo price is 250 Euros off until the end of the month. thumbsup
Old 23rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Holiday promo price is 250 Euros off until the end of the month. thumbsup
what, so now it's only €3,999,750? heh
Old 23rd December 2009
Deleted 46dc28f
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogberto View Post
what, so now it's only €3,999,750? heh
LOL. No, I got mine for $1750. USD.
Old 24th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
LOL. No, I got mine for $1750. USD.

I have nothing against Lemur, it seems like an excellent tool ... I would have bough it for controlling software, actually I bought Remote 37SL for controlling FM8. But it seems that there are loads of thing that cannot be controlled by midi and will use a mouse, mouse for me is something I want to steer away from as far as possible.

Probably my next purchase will be VSYNTH GT . I would love to have a very good pro sampling tool.
Old 24th December 2009
Deleted 46dc28f
Quote:
I have nothing against Lemur, it seems like an excellent tool ... I would have bough it for controlling software, actually I bought Remote 37SL for controlling FM8.
Did anyone check out the link? I'm gonna be using that template on my Mackie C4 Pro for most of the programming. The Lemur is just an added bonus for vector control and other custom tactile stuff. BTW, my studio is software instrument-free.
Old 26th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
BTW, my studio is software instrument-free.

But software controlled is best of both worlds
Old 26th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Did anyone check out the link? I'm gonna be using that template on my Mackie C4 Pro for most of the programming. The Lemur is just an added bonus for vector control and other custom tactile stuff. BTW, my studio is software instrument-free.
yeah I did check the link.. but Lemur was really build to control beasts like Reaktor, I would love to combine the two.... ohhhh what a deadly combination. The ultimate synth with the ultimate midi controller. BOOM!!!

I envy you.
Old 27th December 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Did anyone check out the link? I'm gonna be using that template on my Mackie C4 Pro for most of the programming. The Lemur is just an added bonus for vector control and other custom tactile stuff..
Did you create the FS1R template for the Lemur on your own and would you share it?
Old 28th December 2009
FS1R Editor English Version - Download - here's a software editor for the FS1R ... works really nice.
Old 28th December 2009
Deleted 46dc28f
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidChild View Post
Did you create the FS1R template for the Lemur on your own and would you share it?
I just got the Lemur. No template yet.

The template I mentioned is for the Mackie C4 Pro controller which you can get by following the link.
Old 28th December 2009
Deleted 46dc28f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-C. View Post
FS1R Editor English Version - Download - here's a software editor for the FS1R ... works really nice.
Already use it. It's great but I prefer knobs over a mouse which is why I got the Mackie C4 Pro.

The template for the C4 Pro, as mentioned earlier, can found here: FS1R

The template turns this into the front panel of the FS1R:

Old 28th December 2009
Deleted 46dc28f
Quote:
yeah I did check the link.. but Lemur was really build to control beasts like Reaktor,
The link refers to a Mackie C4 Pro template for the FS1R, not the Lemur.
Old 28th December 2009
looks cool ! wish i had one of those thingies
Old 28th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

Probably my next purchase will be VSYNTH GT . I would love to have a very good pro sampling tool.
the v-synths while excellent musical tools are not a good sampler in the traditional sense. as a matter of fact for looping material they are the best, for regular instrument playing/sampling type roles they frankly suck.

better off with a kurzweil k2000 with sampling option and an original v-synth or an e-mu e4 or akai s5000/6000 and v-synth. the gt just added some tricks with modualting the filtering elements and being able to layer 2 patches. it doesn't add anything over the v-synth if you aren't afraid of multitracking one. better option would be as i sadi the original and a full blown sampler.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search