The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ableton Live 8/Suite 8/Reason 4 questions.
Old 31st December 2009 | Show parent
JES
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by variableloudness View Post
Live's a great program but man are they ever going through some ****e right now. Been following any of that?
No. Where are you following it?
Old 1st January 2010 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JES View Post
No. Where are you following it?

Pretty much at the Abe's forum. It starts with this posted announcement from one of the owners and there are threads on just about every audio production forum out there in follow up.

Ableton Forum • View topic - Quality

Many threads on the Abe's forum itself. I knew that they were having SERIOUS stability issues but didn't realize it was this rampant. Too big too quick. The smartest thing I have heard anyone comment on the issue thus far is "they need to take their foot off the gas"

I mean, they have one of, if not THEE best, audio production products on the market. Why not concentrate on just getting at least one version right before storming off into infinity?
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Ive used Reason for 7 years now, and its been the centerpiece of my studio since the beginning, and I recently made the decision to make myself learn Ableton Live 8 because I have a feeling that if I have the patience to learn the program and learn how to use it good that it will replace Reason as my centerpiece because I feel the live element will do a lot for my development.

Am I crazy for making this decision?

Ive been trying to learn how to use it for the last 2 days and it operates a lot differently than Reason, so Im having some trouble making the transition. Anyone have any advice on how to better learn the program? Is there a good book or dvd, or did people just stick to the tutorial or manual? Any advice is very appreciated, thanks.
Old 25th January 2010 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Luv View Post
Ive used Reason for 7 years now, and its been the centerpiece of my studio since the beginning, and I recently made the decision to make myself learn Ableton Live 8 because I have a feeling that if I have the patience to learn the program and learn how to use it good that it will replace Reason as my centerpiece because I feel the live element will do a lot for my development.

Am I crazy for making this decision?

Ive been trying to learn how to use it for the last 2 days and it operates a lot differently than Reason, so Im having some trouble making the transition. Anyone have any advice on how to better learn the program? Is there a good book or dvd, or did people just stick to the tutorial or manual? Any advice is very appreciated, thanks.
no, not crazy. reason and live are both great. live is harder to learn than reason, but, once you get the hang of it, you'll realize it's quite intuitive and well thought out. there are tons of videos on youtube and vimeo for learning ableton live. stick with it, you will be rewarded.
📝 Reply