The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Moog Taurus 3... a real photo
Old 30th December 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Holy mother, that sounds good!

Can't wait to see one in person next month.
Old 30th December 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict
On a polyphonic note, while open to some criticisms the Memorymoog was far from a failure, plenty of people still use one and the LAMM upgrade makes it a player for best analog polysynth. There is a connection there in that Rudi Linhard, the upgrade's developer was also behind the Voyager operating system on the new Moog gear.

Anyway obviously a good chunk of the $2000 rack mono voice or Phatty is the keyboard and casing. I could see a MIDI only accessed version of the voice or pair of voices with minimal interface and i/o as a rack using spillover for polyphony. That way you'd use one unit with the knobs as a master and then slave the number of expander units you'd choose. I'm sure a few people would also buy expanders if given a VST front end for programming.
Old 28th September 2010 | Show parent
Gear Nut

no joke,
i'm awaiting the arrival of my taurus3 pedal, yes i'm one of those idiots.
in fact it's the third time i buy a completely new synth ( w30, a6 and now t3)
to all those who think it's just a fashionable collectors thing for old muffins : you're right !
ooooooh can't wait, he should come today......
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny pedaal View Post
to all those who think it's just a fashionable collectors thing for old muffins : you're right !
ooooooh can't wait, he should come today......
Lol, don't forget to tell your first impressions
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
foot phatty
That made me think of an even better name: "Foot Phetish!" heh

As for the inevitable polyphonic discussion that turns up in every Moog thread, I'm sure a poly based on the Little Phatty voice architecture could be done at a reasonable price point. LP sounds good enough, maybe not as fat as a Voyager but a poly doesn't need to be as fat anyway.
Old 30th September 2010 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral Climax View Post
I think that the most possible polyphonic synth product we will ever see (if MM decide to make one), it will be something like a 4 voice LP but nothing more..i believe that their profit of LP sales was much more than with Voyager sales...

If it had 3 or 4, I think I would fight to the front of the line. It has some relevance in some forms of music.
Old 30th September 2010 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Ok, so I'm a little late to this, 'cause I've had mine since July 16th. I bought it because I actually do play bass giutar in a crufty (by choice) but loud and hard, maybe loudest and hardest rock band. I love it, but I also have a lot of fun working on techno.

Its built to take a lifetime on the road, really, one of the more solid pieces of kit I own. It's also just evil, evil, evil, evil in the bass department. Cuts (lol) through the mix. I mean really, it overwhelms other things you have working in the bass department and works great MIDI wise. Note that this is my first Moog, but I do have some nice classic synths so I'm not an analog noob. I just think it's lay out (synth engine) is very conducive to very deep, enveloping basses.

Oscillator with fundamental, "Beat oscillator" with +/- 2 octaves, but with fine adjustments, EG's, Filter are all very, very nice intuitive to make fking huge bass.

Love it.
📝 Reply