The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
comparison to sylenth
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Maniac

comparison to sylenth

im still on a ppc mac, and i have seen some reviews on sylenth and seen some people using it. anyone know of a synth that is in comparison to it for ppc mac?
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Guru

If your goal is just to get the trancy sounds, Vanguard should do the job. IMHO, Sylenth1 sounds better.

Another option would be hardware - a secondhand Virus B. It'll do more, too (Sylenth1 won't do PWM or FM).
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
If your goal is just to get the trancy sounds, Vanguard should do the job. IMHO, Sylenth1 sounds better.

Another option would be hardware - a secondhand Virus B. It'll do more, too (Sylenth1 won't do PWM or FM).

I have Sylenth1 and the Virus Rack (basically a B with less knobs).

The Virus is more versatile than Sylenth1, and I think it sounds better in an A-B comparison. However, in a mix, as long as the sounds are similar and you don't use the extra Virus features like PWM or oscillator sync, I really can't tell them apart.

D.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post

Actually sylenth does do PWM. Set two oscs to saw, invert one and modulate its phase. That's actually how most softies do it under the hood but in sylenth you have to set it up yourself.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear