The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
E-mu MP-7 rom question
Old 19th November 2009
Here for the gear

E-mu MP-7 rom question

Hi i have recently brought a MP-7 command station off ebay i have some extra roms that i want to add to this machine (World expedition,Beat garden,and Orch Vol 1) i have not got round to putting these in yet but the machine to my surprise has 2 extra roms already in it.
I think with the research i have done that these are the Techno synth rom and the Protozoa rom.
My question is after trying out the sounds from the two extra roms that changing the arp to On does not seem to do anything but just repeat the sound on the same note is this because these particular roms were not programmed with arps or is it that each E-mu machine is set up to only play arps for the original rom installed?
Hope i made sense
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Head

Chipie, with the mp-7 and the installed rom boards you should have access to multiple arp options. In the Arpeggiator screen, set the cursor under the status section (where you set on/off) and scroll through the other settings. From there you can set up things like mode, note value etc. thumbsup
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Hi Chipie,
In the Arpeggiator screen, you can also change the arp pattern !! That way, you'll have access to all arp presets of each rom.
The "master arp" is set by default on each track. Be sure that the arp statut in the main pattern page is set to "P".
That way, you can use a different arp for each track.
Gongrats for your purchase. Wonderfull gear !!!
Old 20th November 2009
Here for the gear

Thanks guys
I'm gonna give it a go this weekend thumbsup
Old 20th November 2009
Here for the gear

scratch that the postman has just delivered my copy of Left 4 dead 2
Old 23rd November 2009
Here for the gear

Hi i also got a P2000 i was just messing about with it sunday and noticed that there does not seem to be any arp section at all on it.
There is nothing in the manual that mentions it also.
does any one know if it can be upgraded via firmware to this feature?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear