The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Got a Korg PadKontrol today
Old 18th November 2009
Got a Korg PadKontrol today

Never ever ever again shall i program beats with a mouse or keyboard.

What a fun afternoon ive had making up beats and loops. So much more groove and push to them. Building up kits with it and battery is so easy and building up grooves was so much fun,I was pretty much up on my feet giving it some. Tribal enlightenment here i come!!

Cant believe its taken me this long to get a midi controller like this what a work flo changing day

Ben
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Congrats. thumbsup

I've often considered one of these for drum input duties, but was concerned about the quality of actual pad mech. Whats your verdict?

Another device I found very comfortable to use was the Akai XR20 (although an actual drum machine), had very nice feel to the pads.
Old 18th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat earth View Post
Congrats. thumbsup

I've often considered one of these for drum input duties, but was concerned about the quality of actual pad mech. Whats your verdict?

Another device I found very comfortable to use was the Akai XR20 (although an actual drum machine), had very nice feel to the pads.
Seems well built to me and responsive.

Cant say what its like against the Akai MPC type machines or the NI maschine as not used them but feels great to me.

Really like the 2 knobs on it as well feel nice when turning

Ben
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Addict

I use it only to "play" Addictive Drums.
Pads are spot on, (ie - hit the side of one and it's like hitting a rim).
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Yep, this is my favorite drum pad module. Love the feel and enjoy the lite pads, it's more interactive that way.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

The pad kontrol pads are nothing like the Akai MPD pads. I prefer the PK because they're really responsive but I'm sure a ton of people would think they're way too sensitive.

If you play with your fingers, PK all the way. If you really bash into the thing, the MPD is probably a better bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post
Yep, this is my favorite drum pad module. Love the feel and enjoy the lite pads, it's more interactive that way.
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac
I just picked up a Korg nanoPAD, and it's currently serving me well
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrydn View Post
I just picked up a Korg nanoPAD, and it's currently serving me well
The NanoPad's great! Cheap and although not at Akai MPC standards, it's still easy to work with.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

you can make the pakKontrol pads less sensitive with a chosen velocity curve. Perhaps one is for finger tapping and one is for bashing, I got much better timing results and velocity values with the finger tapping on padKontrol. Also bashing can be fatiguing which makes it hard to practice for longer streches, can be a problem if you have any sort of repetitive stress injury.
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
The NanoPad's great! Cheap and although not at Akai MPC standards, it's still easy to work with.
Agreed. I wouldn't mind picking up an MPD, or even one day a Drumkat. But for now, this thing is doing fine for my finger tapping urges. Surprising amount of articulation available by using the x/y pad too!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear