The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best Channel Strip for Electroinc Muisc Channel Strip Plugins
Old 16th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparqee View Post
Well... it was actually functional by Christmas but I've had to spend a surprising amount of time to make it as pretty as I wanted.

Now it's pretty and passably functional but I'm digging into some fancy programming of Bome's Midi Translator in order to make it really slick. I've got buttons for selecting tracks (which double as mute and solo switches) as well as dedicated buttons for selecting individual insert slots. The parameter mapping for the UAD 4k channel strip is complete but I want to map a few more of my favorite plugins including Bootsy's new NastyVCS.

I won't make the same mistake of promising a YouTube release date but I will get there eventually.
nice!

software? Softube Trident EQ I like, and with the Flux Syrah I get interesting combinations. the mpressor is very cool for more radical shaping. I like the gate of Soundtoys.
Old 17th November 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyfan View Post
I'd say look for an old crusty 6 - 8 channel analog mixer. This will give you a different e.q., preamp, and a different audip path in general. What alot of electronic music is missing to my ears is that subtle hiss or sound of a humming piece of electronics in the song. After stacking a few sounds and tracks, you don't hear the noise really but without it the mix is missing "something".
Great, but nowadays, with decent bx_ and Arturia (and many more) simulations, which one has the ‘best’ hiss and hum?
Like many, I’m willing to purchase hardware channels and DIs if needed
I want authentic old desk school sounds, Kraftwerk, Motown etc
I add two favorite (but I’m
not satisfied): Arturia V76, bx SSL 4000 E

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search