The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
D-Cam synth squad... is it different?
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

D-Cam synth squad... is it different?

First of all I have to say that I really like Fxpansion.... After all the fuzz about the D-cam and since the demo came out I decided to give it a try.
I honestly have to say that they sound great, but not any better than other plug ins I love such as Sylenth 1, Albino, Predator.
I was considering to buy the Synth Squad, or upgrade to omnisphere or tRILLIAN.....
So am I missing something....going deaf or too much hype for this plug ins?
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

There was lot of hype surrounding the DCAM synths , but personally I'd rate them way above the 3 synths u mentioned in terms of expressivity / sound & programmability . U really need to get in and program the DCAM synths , they have enormous sonic potential , with the transmod system u can get sounds that I've never heard from any other softsynth . Slow burning plugins .
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickman View Post
There was lot of hype surrounding the DCAM synths , but personally I'd rate them way above the 3 synths u mentioned in terms of expressivity / sound & programmability . U really need to get in and program the DCAM synths , they have enormous sonic potential , with the transmod system u can get sounds that I've never heard from any other softsynth . Slow burning plugins .
I think you are right..I have been playing with Strobe , and I really like the powerful bass that come out of it.... I was trying to decide between this and Trillian...I will keep playing with the D-Cam... I guess I was kinda deaf when writing the first post
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Trillian is great , but I think Strobe / Cypher's basses are potentially much more expressive although the stock presets dont really show that off very well IMO . If bass is your sole focus , its a tricky choice , much depends on your personal preferences / workflow etc .
Trillian's new 500 synths patches make it very attractive , and many of the source sounds are really very good , many of them have a 'density' that is hard to match from most softsynths . Then again that's not to some people's taste.....
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

I initially thought Sylenth1 wasn't anything special, but after spending more time with, it's actually very very useful to me and sounds great imo.

The Synth Squad synths seemed cold and sterile to me when I was demoing them. Much prefer Zebra, Minimonsta, and Sylenth1.

But luckily there is a 30-day demo, you can compare for yourself.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear