The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Can Moog MP-201 CV control Roland synths?
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear
Can Moog MP-201 CV control Roland synths?

Hi-

Need to get CV/MIDI going on my Roland SH-2. Would the Moog MP-201 work? Is it a better choice than a Kenton Pro Solo? I heard the Kentons use 1/8" jacks and the SH-2 has 1/4.

thx!
Old 17th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpablo View Post
Hi-

Need to get CV/MIDI going on my Roland SH-2. Would the Moog MP-201 work? Is it a better choice than a Kenton Pro Solo? I heard the Kentons use 1/8" jacks and the SH-2 has 1/4.

thx!
tru about the kenton box. i have a pro2000 and a pro2 and i can tell you that it's zero problem to connect. just use a mini-jack to jack lead. or make one. for pennies.

re moog if you can use one of the CV outputs as a gate yes it will work.
regarding which is the better choice; it depends.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

The Roland uses V/Octave, does it not?

Given that you also have a Voyager, I think you could probably do a lot more tricks with the MP-201. Four independent channels of CV, plus looping envelopes, more types of Glide than the Kenton, LFOs with Sample and Hold and CV Lag...

Of course I am biased, since I wrote the v2.0 firmware for the MP-201 So you might want to listen to some other opinions as well...

The Kenton will do Hz/V CV scaling, which the MP201 will not. Otherwise, I think it's MP-201 FTW.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Amos? What's up man, welcome! Please give us a tempo synced moog analog delay pedal some day, please!! Heard this may be in the works and am keeping my fingers crossed. From looking around it seems no company has ever been able to produce something like that.
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneficial View Post
Amos? What's up man, welcome! Please give us a tempo synced moog analog delay pedal some day, please!! Heard this may be in the works and am keeping my fingers crossed. From looking around it seems no company has ever been able to produce something like that.
No company has produced a pedal with the CV control, but the Diamond Memory Lane is an analog delay with tap tempo, and EHX and Malekko both have analog delays slated for release with tap tempo and modulation as well- the EHX pedal, Deluxe Memory Boy, will also do tapped subdivisions, a couple lfo's for the mod, and an effects loop for under $200! (they're all digitally controlled tap tempo, analog audio path)

And the MP201 is grreat!
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Hype - thanks! I'm really proud of the MP-201; I think it came out really well.
I had creative freedom when working on the update, so I got to design more or less the CV controller my geeky heart desired. There's some more work I want to do on the LFO mode if possible, but it's hella fun already.

As for a tempo synced analog delay... yes I'd love to do this! There are a few other projects in the works at the moment, but I know a lot of folks have been asking for that one. I will definitely keep it on my radar.

Cheers,

Amos
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear