The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What's your favorite Voyager wood/panel combo?
Old 27th November 2009
Lives for gear
Love the Electric Blue edition with that cool blue-sparkle paint and blue lights, but couldn't they have put a matching blue backlight in the LCD panel? (same for the other optional colors)

When the Chevy Corvette went to purple/red instrument panel lighting in '98 or thereabouts, they kept the lame green lighting on the GM parts-bin radio units. By contrast, my 2001 MB SLK had orange instrument panel lighting, and an orange backlight on the radio's LCD. The same year's E-Class Merc had white instrument panel lighting and the identical radio as my SLK -- with a white backlight.

It's always the little things that surprise and delight the most.

I'm guessing the backlight isn't the toughest/costliest part to find; anyone can confirm this?
Old 27th November 2009
Gear Head

Here is a close up of my Indigo panel. My Voyager is Walnut/Indigo.

Picture is not photoshopped at all.

Old 27th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixapphire View Post
Love the Electric Blue edition with that cool blue-sparkle paint and blue lights, but couldn't they have put a matching blue backlight in the LCD panel? (same for the other optional colors)
This was harder than you'd think. There aren't actually that many LCD panels available in that format (although there is a blue one with white text)... and the main problem is that the blue backlit LCD uses a very different control current to set the contrast... which would have meant an engineering change to the Voyager digital board, such that there would have to be two different digital boards (one for the blue backlit LCD and one for the green).

This was seen as too complicated and expensive to implement just for teh qte blue LCD panel. Too bad though; it woulda looked pretty cool...
Old 27th November 2009
Lives for gear
Ezratrice - could you put up a pic of the whole thing with cabinet and panel? I'm curious how it looks with the walnut. thanks!
Old 28th November 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpablo View Post
Ezratrice - could you put up a pic of the whole thing with cabinet and panel? I'm curious how it looks with the walnut. thanks!
Sure thing. When I get home Sunday I'll put up some more.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear