The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Experience Yamaha Motif XS Rack
Old 16th November 2009
Here for the gear

Experience Yamaha Motif XS Rack

Hi there,

I want to buy the Yamaha Motif XS Rack,
im gonna use it for hiphop/r&b music with Cubase 5.

Does somebody would like to share his experience ?

Thanks,

Irshad
The Netherlands
Old 6th January 2010
Gear Nut

I own a motif rack ES and i'm not sure of the differences between the two, but if the XS is anything like the ES, it is a great peice of machinery and an ESSENTIAL part of my original hip-hop/r&b/pop production.

Everything sounds great and you can use the voice editor software that comes with it (or is available for download from yamaha) to really tweak the sounds to your taste. Also you have four assignable outputs, and USB for sequencing/multi editing thru software.

Keep in mind i'm talking about the ES here - if the stuff i mentioned is what you're looking for, that's the way to go
Old 6th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by neothaon3 View Post
I own a motif rack ES and i'm not sure of the differences between the two, but if the XS is anything like the ES, it is a great peice of machinery and an ESSENTIAL part of my original hip-hop/r&b/pop production.

Everything sounds great and you can use the voice editor software that comes with it (or is available for download from yamaha) to really tweak the sounds to your taste. Also you have four assignable outputs, and USB for sequencing/multi editing thru software.

Keep in mind i'm talking about the ES here - if the stuff i mentioned is what you're looking for, that's the way to go
double the rom-double the quality

double the layers per timbre

4 times the arpeggiator

virtually modelled effects

10 times faster load of wavs from usb (USB2 vs USB1)

and the list goes on....
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear