The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Juno 106 Chorus effect
Old 30th September 2012
As a stock unit for synths, i'd rate CE-300 poor, rather than fine. And fully agree with RobJB06 impression of the unit.

The low level input trick just won't give full dynamic range and proper freq response of this unit, because the path expects a guitar at the input. The unit also features a compressor and a dynamic expander which both require correct levels.

Yes, you can run it a low level input, but that sounds nothing like the properly gain & impedance matched unit.
Old 30th September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
As a stock unit for synths, i'd rate CE-300 poor, rather than fine. And fully agree with RobJB06 impression of the unit.

The low level input trick just won't give full dynamic range and proper freq response of this unit, because the path expects a guitar at the input. The unit also features a compressor and a dynamic expander which both require correct levels.

Yes, you can run it a low level input, but that sounds nothing like the properly gain & impedance matched unit.
Don just reading this old thread again.

I downloaded the TAL chorus the other day and I like it, especially for the price!

Have you tried the latest version of TAL and what do you think about it?.

Also you mention modding the boss to sound like a D! Any info on that?
Old 30th September 2012
Lives for gear

Whoops, I thought you guys were talking about the Behringer clone
Old 30th September 2012
Lives for gear
I can also say the SBF-325 chorus is really great - not exactly like Juno chorus but close and with variable mod rate. The Moog MF-108M also sounds good.
Old 30th September 2012
Lives for gear

The best way is to make chorus input on your Juno. Here's tutorial, very easy:

How To Fit An External Input to the Juno-106 Chorus Unit - Vintage Synth Explorer Forums
Old 30th September 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post

Points well taken. Thank you.

I think I'll hold off on the CE-300 for now. I've ordered a Kurzweil Mangler to meet my basic multi-effect needs.

The SBF-325 is another that I've been watching.
Old 30th September 2012
Lives for gear
For what it's worth here's my recreation of the 106 chorus using the Roland DEP-5. Version 1 is pretty dang close. Version 2 is, not quite as close but not back.

1: Clean Juno, no FX
2: Juno Chorus type 1
3: DEP Chorus copy type 1
4: Juno Chorus type 2
5: DEP Chorus copy type 2
Old 31st December 2015
Gear Head

Old thread but anyone have any experience with this.

Juno Chorus | Effectivy Wonder Pedals

Just found it while searching around for a chorus that would be a good standalone unit for other synths.
Old 31st December 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3sslah View Post

Just found it while searching around for a chorus that would be a good standalone unit for other synths.

Stay away, I bought one unit from them. It arrived defective, they never answered my emails.

My tech fixed it (it was miss-wired) and sadly, it sounds like everything but the Juno Chorus

Maybe Roland could release a digital version of that chorus now that they've "modelled" it on their JU06.
Old 31st December 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:

As already been posted here, stay away from this pedal and the company involved, absolute rubbish!
Old 31st December 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukvoyager View Post
As already been posted here, stay away from this pedal and the company involved, absolute rubbish!
Was keen initially but they took forever to reply to an enquiry email, had no sound samples and a total d1ck attitude
Old 31st December 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
Was keen initially but they took forever to reply to an enquiry email, had no sound samples and a total d1ck attitude
Totally agree an absolute bunch of t0ssers.
Old 31st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by polartech View Post
The old Boss CE-300 (rack sized) hardware super chorus unit has a good reputation too.

Primarilly designed for guitar input, but it can be used on keys too. Some even modify it to expect instrument level input.

Very similar effect as on the 106.
really dig this chorus and its kinda close to juno chorus
Old 31st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos View Post
Stay away, I bought one unit from them. It arrived defective, they never answered my emails.

My tech fixed it (it was miss-wired) and sadly, it sounds like everything but the Juno Chorus

Maybe Roland could release a digital version of that chorus now that they've "modelled" it on their JU06.
I emailed and asked them for either audio or video examples and they said they don't have any. Yeah no thanks.
Old 8th January 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Guy View Post
I emailed and asked them for either audio or video examples and they said they don't have any. Yeah no thanks.
It's amazing that you actually got a reply!
Old 14th January 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos View Post

Thanks for the reply, what would you or anyone else recommend for a good chorus that doesn't cost too much? And if money is not an issue what would it then be? Wouldn't it be best to get like a stereo chorus or that doesn't matter much?
Old 14th January 2016
Gear Addict

The TAL software chorus is as good and close as you get if you're after the juno chorus. And I've tried plenty.
Old 15th January 2016
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, what would you or anyone else recommend for a good chorus that doesn't cost too much? And if money is not an issue what would it then be? Wouldn't it be best to get like a stereo chorus or that doesn't matter much?
I agree with ThorSouthshire, the Tal is the closest thing to that chorus we all love.

In the hardware department, I'm still looking for that unit.
Old 15th January 2016
Gear Addict

A whammy set to chorus mode can get you pretty close though.
Old 15th January 2016
Gear Maniac

Anyone got a patch for Echoboy that's close to it? Though I'm pretty happy with the TAL one.
Old 15th January 2016
Deleted User
you could always set up an external input on a Juno-106, 3P or 8P and feed external input into it.
Old 15th January 2016
Deleted User
According to Calomel SSL validation, their check-out in unsecured!!!!
re: Wobblywhatever pedals

Quote:
Old 16th January 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Betamax View Post
According to Calomel SSL validation, their check-out in unsecured!!!!
re: Wobblywhatever pedals
There whole website is insecure, its a WordPress website which has security vulnerabilities. I even mentioned this in the many emails I sent them (one way traffic), got no replies at all.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear