The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
REAKTOR - any recommended ensemble sites besides NI?
Old 14th November 2009
Lives for gear

REAKTOR - any recommended ensemble sites besides NI?

hi guys

i've searched the last 15 minutes in here but nothing satisfying..
does anyone have cool pages, blogs, 3rd party guys offering ensembles for reaktor?

I really don't need tons inside a bundles like on NI site...i prefer single downloads with little preview etc
(in any case to prevent from DLing 500 ensembles...i can't stand that...) because i'm ok with "not too many" ensembles.

synths i have enough for sure..i can barely find dynamics etc stuff (saturator, compressors etc) something like silverchannel
(i believe its called so...but it's from like 2003...so maybe something newer does exist?)

any hints would be highly appreciated

thanks

edit: found KVR (Of course) anyway.....keep em comin :-)
Old 15th November 2009
Lives for gear

looking good. thanks!
Old 16th November 2009
Old 16th November 2009
well idk about other sites but check out the heRman FiLterbank on the NI site

i've been having a party with it and it's just making me want the real thing even more
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

thanks!

with those it should be fine for now thumbsup
Old 16th November 2009
the musicrow ensembles are very nice - highly recommended!
Old 16th November 2009
Here for the gear

I don't actually own Reaktor, but I'm fascinated by it. Third-party "ensembles" like this... is all the architecture as viewable as it would be if I were to've made it myself within the program? I assume this is newbie question, but I'm just starting out learning synthesis, and I am incredibly intrigued but Reaktor and what exactly it is.
Old 16th November 2009
Yes. Every Ensemble has a GUI and a window with all the modules connected.
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

yeah thy look really great! will have to wait a bit till i have some spare $ (hard deciding with all recent/upcoming plugins etc)

i wonder how that green tape and preamp things sound. really alot synths in there aswell. that vintage comp kinda looks like a fairchild a bit.
any reviews on these?

the few MB comps i've heard till now were good. i wonder why many people here don't consider reaktors dynamics etc. i personally don't own reaktor super long, so i still need much more time to judge the sonic quality for myself. i think the reverbs i have until now are superb aswell...really great! not to mention the sequencers...why on earth should i buy some other seq. synth while it's all there.

reaktor is dope! allthough buggy...still crashing quiet often...best thing is that the standalone won't open anymore since today...
i don't use it but it's still bugin me WHY!

M

p.s. herman filterbank is cool!
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Guru

You can spend the entirety of the time that you own Reaktor with just checking out the User Library.

Love the Solina ensemble, and I've got a real one, too.
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
You can spend the entirety of the time that you own Reaktor with just checking out the User Library.

Love the Solina ensemble, and I've got a real one, too.
haha..yes i know. luckily i have a "safety switch" in my head saying: stop! after i got a few ensembles.

esp. with synths...they are often big and complex...so it's taking your attention alot already. sorry to repeat myself, but i'm really after cool saturation, compressors etc....not too much that i found

P.S: just found this guy: programchild
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miro View Post
yeah thy look really great! will have to wait a bit till i have some spare $ (hard deciding with all recent/upcoming plugins etc)

i wonder how that green tape and preamp things sound. really alot synths in there aswell. that vintage comp kinda looks like a fairchild a bit.
any reviews on these?
!
well i caved in and bought the bundle immediately. The green tape is very good. I plugged it across the master bus, changed the tapes, tweaked a few settings and the bass and kicks sounded instantly more solid, the highs more restrained. v.good. it seems easy to overdo it if you want to.

i used the preamp on NI FM8 to get a more gritty sound and it works well.

The tape delay, based on a Roland RE201 sounds great, though different to my real thing. I actually think i prefer the reverb coming from the plugin, but the tape delay from the HW. I have Stillwell Rocket and The Glue for compression duties, so i havent tried out the compressors in the bundle yet.

the tremelo and classic flanger sound good. infact, the vintage type fx all have a nice vibe to them.

havent tried the synths too much, but the piano module is great. I partially got the bundle cause i was thinking of getting the Korg M1 plug for pianos...but this reaktor ensemble does the trick.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

thanks!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear