The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Problem with my trinity pro?
Old 14th November 2009
Problem with my trinity pro?

Hi,
I think the flash rom of my korg trinity pro is corrupted;
when I push 'enter'+'5' =>
it shows me: 'midi problem' and for the diskdrive: 'error in medium'
Thus, I can't format a disk, I can't read or save any disks, the scsi seems ok, but I can't get the scsi's panel control on the screen.

Also when linked in midi to the pc and running sounddiver for trinity pro, the trinity is well reknown by the pc and I can do data banks transfert; but, when checking the result on the trinity, programs of sounds work but combi programs do not!; Worse, I have a strange advice on the screen with hexanumbers codes and failure message and must shut off the synth;

Thus, is here anybody who can help me to install a new os ( currently:3.1.2 ) or give me the way of flashing the rom?

Many thanks
Old 17th November 2009
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Nut

WOW, This is a weird one! Have you tried a Hard reset or reinitialization? When I had my Trinity years ago, I noticed that it was very sensitive to power fluctuations. I would have to reinitialize it from time to time. I also would have to reload all the PCG's.
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Addict

Only thing I can suggest: open the case and push down on the chips to make sure everything is seated well and all connections are sound.

It's saved me dozens of times.

P

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafkey View Post
Hi,
I think the flash rom of my korg trinity pro is corrupted;
when I push 'enter'+'5' =>
it shows me: 'midi problem' and for the diskdrive: 'error in medium'
Thus, I can't format a disk, I can't read or save any disks, the scsi seems ok, but I can't get the scsi's panel control on the screen.

Also when linked in midi to the pc and running sounddiver for trinity pro, the trinity is well reknown by the pc and I can do data banks transfert; but, when checking the result on the trinity, programs of sounds work but combi programs do not!; Worse, I have a strange advice on the screen with hexanumbers codes and failure message and must shut off the synth;

Thus, is here anybody who can help me to install a new os ( currently:3.1.2 ) or give me the way of flashing the rom?

Many thanks
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear