The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Quick q: choosing between Behringer truths and KRK Rokit 8?
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear

KrK's are a lot more musical, in lack of a better term. The low end ones might not be the most accurate of speakers but at least you can listen to music with them all day, Truths got this nasty tone to them, listening to well produced records is not exactly a joy. Then again, that might not be a bad thing, if something sounds great on the Truths then it probably is.
Old 10th December 2009
Gear Maniac

You´ll get used to whatever ever monitor you decide to go with, as long as you carefully listen on other places like car, at friends and so on ...

I´m using tannoy reveal active since ages and my tracks do sound good on other speakers too.

I was listening to Behringer Truth at a friends place for quite some time on several occasions and i think they really suck

dunno what plans you have for your music but final mixing and mastering should be made by professionals anyway in my opinion.
Old 10th December 2009
Gear Maniac

i would recommend you to get the Yamaha HS80, they are very good for their price. i use them and my mixes come out pretty good
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by br0ken View Post
I can't afford anything better at the moment. Even either of those I'll be getting second hand too, because I'm so broke.
And as I said, there are well respected edm producers using the truth's and they can surely afford some high end genelec's or something so I don't know what the deal is... Ian Carey and Sied van Riel off the top of my head.
No. You should wait and save and save and save and in the meantime learn nothing and produce nothing because you have nothing to monitor with. Well, I guess if you wanted to save for a better pair of monitors, you could just use some flatter bookshelfs (i.e. British bookshelfs for home stereos).

Local music store should have both those models, go in with a CD you know well and tell them you'd like to hear it on both. I know people who have the Truths and are satisfied with them. If you're going for 8s, they can cause problems if you're in a small studio that isn't treated.
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
If yo do take things further an get high end monitors in the future you can always use them as a 2nd reference.
Exactly. You really want a second and even third pair for reference, so some not-so-great monitors wouldn't be wasted in the future.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear