The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking for virtual instrument
Old 13th November 2009
Here for the gear

Looking for virtual instrument

I am trying to do a cover of Robyn With Every Heartbeat.

I have tried mixing a vocal against a karaoke instrumental but I can't get the vocal to mix right.

I have the midi notes in as a midi file in pro tools. I am going to recreate all of the sections of the song and do my own mix.

I know the track has a violin, viola and cello's.

Does anyone know what instrument comes into the original mix at about 0:41 when she sings 'we could keep trying'. I think it's some kind of synth.

Does anyone also know what instrument comes more into the mix in the instrumental about 2:09. It sounds abit like a keyboard.

Any help would be great thanks.
Old 13th November 2009
Gear Guru

The sound at 0:41 is a very simple synth bass playing 16th notes. Since you've got ProTools, you already have the plugins (I believe the analog modeling plugin is called "Vacuum") included to make this. Simply select a synth bass preset and turn up the lowpass filter cutoff and resonance for a bit if necessary. One oscillator set to saw wave should be enough.

The sound at 2:09 is also simple; set both oscillators to triangle, tune one oscillator 1 octave above the other. Put a delay over it with 8th dotted notes, and use an arpeggiator set to 2 octaves; then play the chords.

Dance producers are lazy when they can get away with it.
Old 14th November 2009
Here for the gear

Is Vacuum included in pro tools 7.4.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear