The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Memory Problems with Trillian and Logic 9.1
Old 13th November 2009
Here for the gear

Memory Problems with Trillian and Logic 9.1

I am running Trillian on a 3Ghz Dual Quadcore Macbook Pro under Snow Leopard and Logic 9.1 and I am unable to load even one instance of Trillian's sampled basses without getting an out of memory message (I have 4 gigs of RAM in my machine). Lite versions and synth patches will load (only after several warning alerts), but if I try to use Trillian multi-timbrally and load more than one instance of a sampled instrument Logic will quit with an out of memory alert. This happens even with my buffer set to 1024. I can run Omnisphere multi-timbrally without any problems, and Spectrasonics tech support has been of no help whatsoever. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 17th November 2009
Spectrasonics

Sounds like you are running out of memory because of all the things you have loaded in your logic songs. Logic 9 uses more RAM now than Logic 8 did too, so the ceiling for the RAM access issue is becoming more of an issue now.

Logic is currently a 32-bit application and memory access is limited to 3gb for everything inside Logic and the AU plug-ins it uses. This is the limit of all 32-bit apps until they go to 64-bit. Your buffer size is irrelevant to the memory issue.

I'm sure if you load a clean Logic song with nothing but Trilian in it, then you can load everything from the library without issues. Some of Trillian's sounds are very memory intensive for a 32-bit DAW environment that has a lot of other things going on in it.

Check out the chapters in the Triian Ref Guide regarding its memory management features to work around the 32-bit Logic memory limitations for now.

Another solution is to use the Trilian sounds within Omnisphere if you have that open anyway. That's a more efficient way to use the limited memory that Logic can access.

There are some other excellent solutions to this 32-bit memory access issues out now to, like VE-Pro which are definitely worth checking out if you are running out of memory with your sessions.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear