The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Upcoming synths for 2010? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 29th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
well, keybed is nice tho.
No, it's not. Had one [P'08] for about a year and the keys always felt second-class to me.
Old 7th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasmasset View Post
I have a nordlead 2x already, but it is a bit limited. I heard that the ti2 really is better than the ti because of the extra power, so don't think I'll be going for a first gen.
I have a nord 2 and it is nowhere limited! Depends entirely
on YOUR imagination. I use it in performance mode and program 2..3-Layer patches. The thing sounds wonderful. You can create very complex patches. The only limit is the number of voices.
Old 7th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrod View Post
No, it's not. Had one [P'08] for about a year and the keys always felt second-class to me.
the keys ARE second class
Old 7th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
you are talking about Prophet 08 , right ??

the descripition is one of most accurate i've seen. well, keybed is nice tho.

sorry, couldn't resist.. heh
the prophet would be nice if the sequencer worked properly,
but it is totally useless. Even in Step mode it cannot handle
it if you play 16th notes, it will DROP notes from time to time.
Old 8th December 2009
Gear Addict

i guess yamaha gonna drop the mo6 xs, and roland bring out a new beatmaschien like mc 808 or m 8800 but i gues low budget...a tetra keyboard?with a audio in + slot to stick in a regular tetra modul or even better a keyboard with knobs where you only stick your tetra modul in...
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-smile-z View Post
i guess yamaha gonna drop the mo6 xs, and roland bring out a new beatmaschien like mc 808 or m 8800 but i gues low budget...a tetra keyboard?with a audio in + slot to stick in a regular tetra modul or even better a keyboard with knobs where you only stick your tetra modul in...
That's a good idea about having a keyboard that you can just stick your Tetra in and have all of the knobs mapped out properly. I'm about to buy a Tetra myself and am planning on programming the Novation Remote to control everything... hopefully that will work out.
Old 2nd January 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Can only dream that Tom Oberheims reissue of the SEM module inspires him to go further and remake the Oberheim OBX 8 voice
I sent an email to oberheim.com asking the same thing (a reissue of the 4voice or 8voice). Tom sent me an email back himself saying there are no such plans. He told me he is considering reissueing the 2voice though...
Old 2nd January 2010
Lives for gear

The Synton Fenix GT might happen.

Old 2nd January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
He told me he is considering reissueing the 2voice though...
The perfect SEM version if you ask me..! A 2-Voice with patch points and sequencer would be amazing.
Old 2nd January 2010
Lives for gear

I'd love a Moog polysynth! 8 voices is enough for me. I don't even care if it's monotimbral.

Any new analog polysynth really. VCOs preferably, even one per voice a la Polysix would be OK with a nice BBD chorus, though two would be better.

And Synton can make a new monosynth along the lines of the Syrinx while they're at it!
Old 2nd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto-bot View Post
The Prophet 600 is a VCO synth. That's part of it's charm. Name one other two VCO per voice synth that sell for under $1K usd.
Studio Electronics ATC1, but it's monophonic
Old 2nd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by networkacid View Post
And Synton can make a new monosynth along the lines of the Syrinx while they're at it!
That won't happen at all.
It was really hard to get Bert to do the GT prototypes and he still isn't sure about doing a production run off them once they are tested.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search