The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland Jupiter 6 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 15th April 2019
  #511
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno View Post
I'd love to do an ARP sequence with a random LFO applied to the filter, so every single note gets it's own filter level. If they aren't synchronised, it sounds rubbish.
The Prophet 6 and OB-6 will do this....
Old 15th April 2019
  #512
Lives for gear
 
usedtohaveajuno's Avatar
Bravo, another useless Jupiter-6 contribution
Old 18th April 2019
  #513
Lives for gear
As I said, I still keep my Jupiter 6 and my MKS-80 and original MPG programmer because they both sound different. The tone and filters....different.
Old 18th April 2019
  #514
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisewagon View Post
As I said, I still keep my Jupiter 6 and my MKS-80 and original MPG programmer because they both sound different. The tone and filters....different.
Which do you prefer?
Old 18th April 2019
  #515
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangobob View Post
Which do you prefer?
Both. LOL!
Old 18th April 2019
  #516
Gear Maniac
 
mima85's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Meeker View Post
The Prophet 6 and OB-6 will do this....
He's asking about the Jupiter 6, not other synths
Old 18th April 2019
  #517
Quote:
Originally Posted by mima85 View Post
He's asking about the Jupiter 6, not other synths
I am aware of that. However, it is nice to consider other options and not have a narrow view of the larger discussion at hand.
Old 18th April 2019
  #518
Gear Maniac
 
mima85's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Meeker View Post
I am aware of that. However, it is nice to consider other options and not have a narrow view of the larger discussion at hand.
This thread is about the Jupiter 6, usedtohaveajuno has a Jupiter 6 and asks how to do something with that synth. So what's the point of advising to try on other machines, which probably usedtohaveajuno doesn't even own?

He did not ask what's the best synth to do that thing (in this case your answer would've had sense), he asked how it can be done, if it can, with his Jupiter 6.
Old 18th April 2019
  #519
Quote:
Originally Posted by mima85 View Post
This thread is about the Jupiter 6, usedtohaveajuno has a Jupiter 6 and asks how to do something with that synth. So what's the point of advising to try on other machines, which probably usedtohaveajuno doesn't even own?
I'm curious, were you officially appointed to the Thread Police, or are you just a member of their volunteer force?

Old 18th April 2019
  #520
Gear Maniac
 
musicalnyc's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Meeker View Post
I'm curious, were you officially appointed to the Thread Police, or are you just a member of their volunteer force?

Who appointed you to reply to every Jupiter 6 post repeating your dislike of the JP6 ad nauseum? For literal years. We get it, dude. But some people love this synth...even folks who do have the other synths you mentioned...
Old 18th April 2019
  #521
Gear Maniac
 
mima85's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Meeker View Post
I'm curious, were you officially appointed to the Thread Police, or are you just a member of their volunteer force?

Of course, I'm a full-time member of the forum's police forces and you'll receive a fine for your post

No, the fact is that you're a well-known critic of this synth. So your answer, which doesn't actually have any logical sense given what the other used asked, just looks like another attempt to diss the Jupiter 6.

OK, you don't like it, we got it. But there are other people who like it. Just live with that.
Old 18th April 2019
  #522
Quote:
Originally Posted by mima85 View Post
No, the fact is that you're a well-known critic of this synth.
This made me chuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mima85 View Post
So your answer, which doesn't actually have any logical sense given what the other used asked, just looks like another attempt to diss the Jupiter 6.
The 80's called, they respectfully request their vocabulary back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mima85 View Post
OK, you don't like it, we got it. But there are other people who like it. Just live with that.
You, sir, have far too much free time on your hands if this is what you are worried about.
Old 18th April 2019
  #523
Lives for gear
 
usedtohaveajuno's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Meeker View Post
I am aware of that. However, it is nice to consider other options and not have a narrow view of the larger discussion at hand.
James, I am even-keeled when posting on the internet, but it must obvious to you that answering "x synth can do that" when I specially asked about "y synth" isn't really a helpful response ... especially since I already noted I have another synth which can do it, the elegantly designed Roland SH-101.

You just seem determined to chip in to wind folk up. You're allowed to chip in anywhere of course, it's a public forum, but at least try and be pleasant when everyone else is.
Old 19th April 2019
  #524
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno View Post
You just seem determined to chip in to wind folk up.
That is not, nor was, my intention.
Old 19th April 2019
  #525
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangobob View Post
Which do you prefer?
I use them both in unison mode. I prefer the MKS-80 for bass sounds, and prefer the jupiter 6 for lead sounds.
Old 20th April 2019
  #526
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisewagon View Post
I use them both in unison mode. I prefer the MKS-80 for bass sounds, and prefer the jupiter 6 for lead sounds.
I too have a Jupiter 6 and MKS 80 with the MPG80. Love them both ....
Have had the JP6 since new and the MKS80 for 10 years. The Jupiter 6 still surprises me with the sounds it comes up with. Its unique and some days the great sounds just pour out of her. I think of the MKS80 as a Jupiter 7 ..... another great synth. And one thing is for sure the two do sound different. Same family but different.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #527
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoid View Post
I also have problems with my Europa jupiter 6, it seems a bit buggy to me:
-I have to reboot sometimes before my patches are sounding correct, when this happens the HOLD knob is on and I can't switch it off, only rebooting solves this


-Sometimes when booting I get code E-4? If I look in the europa manual it says this:
Bad Europa board settings found and defaults loaded. Europa uses part of the NVRAM
for storing current board state and settings. This code is shown when the area contains
bad/bogus settings. This failure can also be shown when the board is first powered up
after Europa is installed, the controller board’s battery is failing, or if a boot to the Roland
code was performed.


My battery is new and still good (3.7v) and no boot to Roland code was performed, anybody experience similar problems? It's pretty annoying because the JP-6 resets every time after the E-4 boot code and forgets last panel settings.
Hi,

Apologies for a late response but I only just saw these posts about the E4 boot code issue. Yes I also get this sometimes, and its interesting that Fuseball suggests this only happens after he saves a patch and then on next reboot the E4 boot code appears, as I am pretty sure this happens in my case as well. I will try to verify this and see if I can reproduce it.

I had a feeling I asked about this some years back, so just been looking through some of my old emails and sure enough I had emailed the author of Europa about this in 2012. He said I should check for a possible bad connection somewhere, or maybe a leaky diode or flaky NVRAM. Unfortunately I never got around to checking those due to a lack of skill and then other things got in the way of time. Then I think I just learned to live with it as the E4 boot code didnt happen every time, and when it did I just reset the Midi Channel and a couple of other settings and carried on. But having seen that you and Fuseball have the same issue makes me think it is unlikely to be a leaky diode, etc. I will try to contact Synthcom again with a link to this thread, and see if he has time to look into this again. Fingers crossed.

My JP6 has Europa V2.0 RC4 firmware installed, so it would be useful to know if you are using the same version. This isnt such a serious issue that it renders the synth as unworkable, and it doesnt happen on every boot up, but it would be good to figure this out if possible. I will report back if I find out any more info. Cheers.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #528
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_tangent View Post
Hi,

Apologies for a late response but I only just saw these posts about the E4 boot code issue. Yes I also get this sometimes, and its interesting that Fuseball suggests this only happens after he saves a patch and then on next reboot the E4 boot code appears, as I am pretty sure this happens in my case as well. I will try to verify this and see if I can reproduce it.

I had a feeling I asked about this some years back, so just been looking through some of my old emails and sure enough I had emailed the author of Europa about this in 2012. He said I should check for a possible bad connection somewhere, or maybe a leaky diode or flaky NVRAM. Unfortunately I never got around to checking those due to a lack of skill and then other things got in the way of time. Then I think I just learned to live with it as the E4 boot code didnt happen every time, and when it did I just reset the Midi Channel and a couple of other settings and carried on. But having seen that you and Fuseball have the same issue makes me think it is unlikely to be a leaky diode, etc. I will try to contact Synthcom again with a link to this thread, and see if he has time to look into this again. Fingers crossed.

My JP6 has Europa V2.0 RC4 firmware installed, so it would be useful to know if you are using the same version. This isnt such a serious issue that it renders the synth as unworkable, and it doesnt happen on every boot up, but it would be good to figure this out if possible. I will report back if I find out any more info. Cheers.
The E4 bootcode happens randomly with my jupiter 6 also if not saving a patch...

I emailed Jef from synthcom and the Jupiter 6 emailing list about the problems but didn’t had much response... Jef from synthcom also suggested a bad ram chip. I have a replacement laying around but didn’t had time yet to replace it…

It sad there’s no more support or update’s from Europa as it still contains a lot of bugs, sometimes I ‘m thinking of removing it…

I think I have the V2.0 firmware as I have the expanded memory…
Do you have the firmware file maybe reloading it will solve the problems ?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
jomo1234 / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
5
beesting / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
11
claudemorrow / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
2
musicmind11 / So Much Gear, So Little Time
23
waveterm / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
2

Forum Jump
Forum Jump