Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
Nice
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami Digital View Post
Nice
Thanks, so far the X-Desk is just the ticket for my needs. I like your pre's, too!
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Also getting a MXR Carbon Copy Delay. All these new pedals means I'll probably have to go buy a Pedal Power II and some new George L's cabling too..

There's always more it seems
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

just ordered a Roland KC-550 amp. should be here in a few days.
Old 14th July 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel View Post
Nova Musik got my money last week and the next day I got an email that the DRM1-Mk-III
was out of stock and now they have my money and I have to wait for them to restock and then
ship it to me. When I ordered it I was told it was in stock

rachel
I stopped buying stuff from them for this exact reason. I had this happen 3 times in a row.
Old 14th July 2009

Coming tomorrow lunch time..... I've had a lot of synths over the last few years.... Minimoog, tb-303, SH-101, Nord Lead 2, Motif ES, Wordolf Pulse but never tried a virus, Figured it was time to give it a go......

Oh and got the rack and table to the right of my desk today

Old 14th July 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper6581 View Post
You are going to love your MPC 2kXL, I love mine
oooooh i love it already........
Also just got a MCD flash drive to install in the place of the floppy but im gonna do it after im a bit more familiar with the use of the mpc....
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Sticks View Post

Oh and got the rack and table to the right of my desk today
great set up thumbsup how's that 2500-hammer working out for you, i saw a hammer on ebay for cheap and was very tempted..
Old 14th July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
i saw a hammer on ebay for cheap and was very tempted..
You should of got it!!! lol

Very happy with the sound I'm getting now.
Old 15th July 2009
Gear Maniac

oooommpfhhh....

Old 15th July 2009
Lives for gear

My DRM1 ships this week so it should be here early next week! Also, I got a note from Vermona,
explaining that the power supply is actually switchable, so I can open it up, switch it to 240v from
115v, change the fuse and I am ready for local power.

I will gratuitiously post another picture of the DRM1 here, because it looks cool and is
a very nice acquistion for myself and not really that expensive, when you think about what you
are getting.

rachel
Old 15th July 2009
The DRM1MkIII is SUCH a great machine! The bass drum rocks so hard I immediately put my MBase on eBay.
Mine looks even cooler, BTW. It is black and has the fat chrome knobs. The same as my special PerFourmer...

Cheers,
Bert
Old 15th July 2009
Sorry, no better pic available!

Cheers,
Bert
Attached Thumbnails
July - New Gear Thread-vermona-320x200-.jpg  
Old 15th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel View Post
explaining that the power supply is actually switchable, so I can open it up, switch it to 240v from
115v, change the fuse and I am ready for local power.
The Moog little phatty and Rane SM82s line mixer which ive bought of late do this automatically with opening the unit.
Old 17th July 2009
F5D
Lives for gear

Couldn't resist the amazing offer. Should arrive next week.

Whooooosssssshhhhhhh...
Old 17th July 2009
Lives for gear

Holy cow............

so this is it! My MP has the Master Gain modification, which is why it took a little longer to build. I have tried it with an Andromeda and an Eventide H-8000 FW.

Old 17th July 2009
Lives for gear

Thrilling stuff eh. Decided I needed switches for all the gear with external PSUs so the whole lot isn't buzzing away when I'm only using a few items. Using multiple 4 gangs so I can hang them off the side of my Ikea RAST racks.
Old 17th July 2009
Lives for gear

white wash moog voyager os finally arrived. joint is so nice.
the no midi is weird and fresh at the same time. i see how much i have to get my chops up.
ill post a pic later i guess
Old 17th July 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post

Thrilling stuff eh. Decided I needed switches for all the gear with external PSUs so the whole lot isn't buzzing away when I'm only using a few items. Using multiple 4 gangs so I can hang them off the side of my Ikea RAST racks.
That's probably a great investment considering the amount of wear it'll save on your gear, energy savings, and lower noise level in the studio. Gonna have to pick a few up myself pretty soon.
Old 18th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon The Gooch View Post
That's probably a great investment considering the amount of wear it'll save on your gear, energy savings, and lower noise level in the studio. Gonna have to pick a few up myself pretty soon.
Yup and it stops the room ending up like a greenhouse in the summer. Got a surplus of non-switched ones now.

UK readers - cheapest places I've found for these Masterplug ones are Asda and Wilko/Wilkinson, 5.99 for the 4 gang. Six gang is a couple of pounds more. You can get 8 gang switched ones but they don't look like they have enough space for wall-warts.
Old 18th July 2009
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness View Post

Holy cow............

so this is it! My MP has the Master Gain modification, which is why it took a little longer to build. I have tried it with an Andromeda and an Eventide H-8000 FW.

nice. . . I used to have an MP and andromeda. . . recorded a bunch of andromeda through MP. what is the master gain mod?
Old 18th July 2009
Lives for gear

Got one of these for $650. Can't beat that price! Plugging it into a Palmer pga-04. I am excited to try it out with my guitar, but also to get the tubey goodness all over my synths and drum loops!

-D
Old 18th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by n***N View Post
I had the same problem when I ordered the A&H VF-1. Got an e-mail back saying its out of stuck. 2 days later, it was discontinued.
LOL!
Old 18th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post

what do you mean by buzzing?

transformer hum?
easy to remove with psaudio humbuster3.

there are much better rack mount switched outlets out there.
gemini, american audio, soundking, maybe behringer, etc...
Old 18th July 2009
Gear Addict

Just got an ASR10r and a Focusrite Compounder. I'm in gritty, boomy heaven right now!
Old 18th July 2009
Gear Head

My Doepfer Dark Energy has arrived...

Looks and feels pretty tough and solid. Full report in a separate thread early next week.
Old 18th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by space2012 View Post
what do you mean by buzzing?

transformer hum?
easy to remove with psaudio humbuster3.

there are much better rack mount switched outlets out there.
gemini, american audio, soundking, maybe behringer, etc...
Well most of them don't buzz but you get the odd one making a racket. I'm not talking about buzzing in the audio paths, just acoustically.

I'm all out of rack space and I need the switches to be accessible, so I don't think the rack ones would fit in with my plans. Most of those have IEC outlets on too, no good for wall-warts.
Old 18th July 2009
Lives for gear

here is a pic
Old 18th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Perc View Post
My Doepfer Dark Energy has arrived...

Looks and feels pretty tough and solid. Full report in a separate thread early next week.
that thing looks amazing. been eyeing that since doepfer put those videos on youtube.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search