The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Alesis Andromeda A6 soundbanks.
Old 29th June 2009
Gear Addict

Alesis Andromeda A6 soundbanks.

Any fellow owners have any decent trancy soundbanks they want to share/sell or can point me in the right direction of?

I am finding my new Andy superb but very deep to program, too deep to be honest.
Mind, I haven't gave it much time at all so things should get clearer with practice.

Mean time Im wondering if anyone can offer a quick start for me by way of soundbanks. Maybe's not but if I don't ask......

Shame no pro sound banks are available for a monster synth like the Andy such as vengeance etc. Talk about gap in the market

Im after sounds specifically for uplifting trance so arps and saw's 'r' us would be great.
Old 29th June 2009
Lives for gear

I haven't spent much time with my a6, but I totally dig it and want to learn it inside and out. Just put as much time as possible into it.

Find a patch you like copy the patch to a new bank (where you will be making all ure new patches), make a blank patch right next to it, and copy the parameters of the patch you like to the blank patch. So you slowly but surely put together a patch that you like, while learning what it is made up of.

A6 Andromeda then go to "docs and downloads" and there are

Rob Papen's Program Bank

Klaus Peter Rausch's Program Bank

Pim Schilperoort's Program Bank

Joerg Huettner's Program Bank

Brian Keher's Program Bank

Here is a link to the andromeda forum

electro-music.com :: View Forum - Alesis Andromeda

Here is a link to the main a6 webpage / community site that is non-forum based that has the tips and tricks pdf

A6 Andromeda Community Website

make sure you get the memory card for the a6 so you can have a whole bunch of banks to store ure a6 patches. this card which is only 6 mb runs about 100$ or so unfortunately :(
Old 29th June 2009
Gear Addict

Hello mate, yeah my Andy came with a card im pleased to say, and box and manual. Probs the best manual ever made.

I did notice those other soundbanks but with the factory ones being terrible I thought perhaps the extra ones on the Alesis site would follow the same vein. IS this not the case? Have you tried them? ANy good for trance. Ill have a DL of them when I get home from work which is 9 hours away :/
Old 29th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuez View Post
Rob Papen's Program Bank

Klaus Peter Rausch's Program Bank

Pim Schilperoort's Program Bank

Joerg Huettner's Program Bank

Brian Keher's Program Bank
In my opinion, none of the above banks contain any useful patches - but they might point to some direction or give hints here and there.
Old 29th June 2009
Gear Addict

I cant understand why no pro sound designer has ever made a pro soundbank for the andy.

I mean if you sell 100 of these at 25 dollars a piece thats 2500 dollars. Gotta be worth it right and there inst much or any competition.
Old 29th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kola View Post
I did notice those other soundbanks but with the factory ones being terrible I thought perhaps the extra ones on the Alesis site would follow the same vein. IS this not the case? Have you tried them? ANy good for trance. Ill have a DL of them when I get home from work which is 9 hours away :/
i've never used them but i plan to check them out at some point, once i have a better understanding of creating patches / sounds

some ppl on the andy forum where talking about a patch depository of some sort, not sure about the progress on that however.
Old 29th June 2009
Gear Addict

yeah I was involved in that very conversation mate. Nothing came of it sadly.

I find the whole forum there to be very slow, get far quicker answers on here or similar.
Old 29th June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness View Post
In my opinion, none of the above banks contain any useful patches
+1

Installed, tried, deleted.
Old 29th June 2009
Gear Addict

There was a guy/band/thing called Sad Octave Cat (SOC) that made some awesome andy patches. They seem to have dropped off the earth. If anyone knows them, let them know how great it would be if they'd share, or paypal share or some such for their great patches.
Old 29th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktorfuture View Post
There was a guy/band/thing called Sad Octave Cat (SOC) that made some awesome andy patches. They seem to have dropped off the earth. If anyone knows them, let them know how great it would be if they'd share, or paypal share or some such for their great patches.
I have a couple of patches with the initials SOC in the name - some of them are useful, some not.
Old 30th June 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
+1

Installed, tried, deleted.
Ditto. Got the Rob Papen banks installed when I was having trouble with my Andy just so I'd have something to play with while I couldn't program it. If I wasn't able to fix my Andy, I think I would have gotten rid of it because the Rob Papen sounds were really bad.
Old 30th June 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktorfuture View Post
Stupid Octave Cat aka Justin Maxwell. He has put out a number of 12"s on his own and with John Tejada on Palette, they are on iTunes, good stuff.

He tells you how you can reach him here: CODE404: + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Edit: Don't think he still has the A6, but could be wrong.
Old 30th June 2009
Lives for gear

I don't think I know of any synth that gets credit for it soundbanks...
Old 1st July 2009
Gear Addict

Awesome! Stupid Octave Cat! thanks for correcting me.

Best,

P

Quote:
Originally Posted by submodern View Post
Stupid Octave Cat aka Justin Maxwell. He has put out a number of 12"s on his own and with John Tejada on Palette, they are on iTunes, good stuff.

He tells you how you can reach him here: CODE404: + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Edit: Don't think he still has the A6, but could be wrong.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper_6 View Post
I don't think I know of any synth that gets credit for it soundbanks...
virus?
Old 1st July 2009
Gear Maniac

Some nice patches and sound demos here A6 Andromeda Community Website

EDIT: Sorry, Rokuez already posted the link...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search