The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Roland Space Echo RE-301
Old 28th June 2009
Lives for gear

Roland Space Echo RE-301

Hi peeps, some advice would be cool from anyone with experiance with this lovely bit of kit.

I bought a Roland Space Echo RE-301 the other day from a nice chap from ebay. I tested the unit at his house, although the monitoring was a hi fi unit so couldn't really hear it in a studio environment.

The problems I have are:

1: The tape is fluttering all over the place, the unit is mint and I mean really mint in such great physical condition. I'm sure the tape slipping thing is easy to fix.

2: This ones a killer (kicking myself for not noticing it when testing doh!), on echo selector mode 2 and 3 I get this awful 50hz hum, really deep loud bass hum. It doesn't happen on the other channels though.

Any help from someone who knows this machine would be great

Cheers.
Old 29th June 2009
Sounds like it needs a service.
If these problems were not itemized clearly in the auction text you have a case for refund or compensation.
Old 29th June 2009
Lives for gear

..give this guy a bell:

Welcome to Delatronics

or..pm me if you want copies of the service and/or user manual.

F
Old 16th January 2013
Here for the gear

Hi did you ever figure out the problem? I have the same issue with my RE301 only on Echo modes 3 and 5. Thanks in advance.
Old 16th January 2013
Lives for gear

Same issue here on my RE-301... on one or two of the echo modes I get that nasty hum now. Didn't always do that. Any luck fixing it?
Old 16th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
Hi peeps, some advice would be cool from anyone with experiance with this lovely bit of kit.

I bought a Roland Space Echo RE-301 the other day from a nice chap from ebay. I tested the unit at his house, although the monitoring was a hi fi unit so couldn't really hear it in a studio environment.

The problems I have are:

1: The tape is fluttering all over the place, the unit is mint and I mean really mint in such great physical condition. I'm sure the tape slipping thing is easy to fix.

2: This ones a killer (kicking myself for not noticing it when testing doh!), on echo selector mode 2 and 3 I get this awful 50hz hum, really deep loud bass hum. It doesn't happen on the other channels though.

Any help from someone who knows this machine would be great

Cheers.
Try adjusting the bass levels on the far right hand side of the unit!

I have had this before.
It is not an issue at all. I bet your bass level is turned up to full.
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimitron View Post
Hi did you ever figure out the problem? I have the same issue with my RE301 only on Echo modes 3 and 5. Thanks in advance.
I just got a chorus echo and it had this problem, the dude who had it before me brought it from the delatronics dude & he emailed him & asked him how to solve the problem. The delatronics guy said this about it, its just a case of re seating a wire:

Open Up the unit and check the connector that comes from the heads - Sometimes the colour coded wires are soldered to the board, but from the factory there is a connector. Remove and reinsert this connector several times in order to clean the contacts and this should resolve the problem. When I got these in for repair with this problem, I used to solder the leads directly to the board

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search