The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Synthesizer dust covers
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

Synthesizer dust covers

Can you suggest a place that sells dust covers of different sizes for synthesizers, probably with custom sizes? I want to get rid of using towels.
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D View Post
Can you suggest a place that sells dust covers of different sizes for synthesizers, probably with custom sizes? I want to get rid of using towels.
I ended up just buying a whole bunch of white t-shirts.

the reason being.... once dust gets on the dust cover, inside of it etc. You are basically putting a dust ridden cover on ure gear, which IMO defeats the purpose. Also a lot of dust covers I looked at didn't look to washer and dryer friendly. Maybe there are some dust covers that are however I don't know.

Now I just wash the white t shirts once every two weeks, and now I know that I'm putting dust free covers on my gear...

When I take the white t-shirts off my gear, I always make sure to have the bottom part of the t shirt, the part with the tag on the inside of the collar resting on the gear... so as to not accidentally flip the t shirt over i.e the dusty part and put that on the gear when cover the keyboards up.

Wasn't that pricey either to just buy a bunch of white t shirts instead of getting custom dust covers etc.
Old 27th June 2009
Gear Maniac

this guy makes custom dust covers, i am very happy with mine

eBay Verkäufer: opportunus1: Musikinstrumente
Old 27th June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossegor View Post
this guy makes custom dust covers, i am very happy with mine

eBay Verkäufer: opportunus1: Musikinstrumente
Does he make them in English?
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

LECOVER

I'm in the UK and i've ordered from this guy no problems. Really strong, think protective covers...better than old sheets anyday.
Old 28th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
imagine your lungs!
i just cant understand how the body fights that.

fuc.king hate dust!

fans are nice for collecting dust.
those air purifiers that give 0 particle count at the out.

paint the wood, attack the problem from the roots.

there is organic and mineral dust.
both are dangerous.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

I also hate dust and I have tried to improve the filtration of the input ventilation and I also have an air cleaner on 24/7 in the room. However, there will always be some dust left. Thanks for the replies. I guess I will find something from the places mentioned here.
Old 15th July 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:

This site seems like it may have what you need:
DigitalDeckCovers Custom Dust Covers

Old 15th July 2009
Old 16th July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauqq View Post
LECOVER

I'm in the UK and i've ordered from this guy no problems. Really strong, think protective covers...better than old sheets anyday.

yep. i got most of my analogues covered in LeCover. its thick, absolute protection. and its smooth surface so in time, if u want to clean the top side, its easy to wipe.
Old 3rd May 2010
Here for the gear

After googling for dust covers i found this forum and bought from both websites. I figured id right a review on both of these companies incase anyone else might be interested....

I was looking for somekind of Synthesizer Cover & a Cover for my Digi003Mixer. I checked out DigitalDeck and figured Id buy one for my Mixer & bought my Fantom X6 Synthesizer cover from LeCover because it seemed to look nicer & I couldnt find the synth section at DigitalDeck. (even though both websites dont really offer large pictures so its hard to tell what to expect). After a couple weeks of using them, I guess overall I slightly prefer LeCover due to it being a little more elegant. The DigitalDeck Premium Cover I bought for $36 w/ shipping & the Synth Cover from LeCover was like $32 w/ shipping.

DigitalDeck is water resistant but not the best looking cover.

LeCover isnt water resistant but looks a little nicer at least.

After 2 weeks of use, my gear has virtually no annoying dust. The LeCover had me a bit sketched out because I could see thru it when stretched, but the fabric seemed to catch all the dust and nothing went through.
At the end of the day I dont care for waterproofing because its not like I sit my drink directly above my Fantom or Mixer. For DJs and stuff I could see how its useful but not really in the Studio.

I cant believe i just now found out about Gearslutz...lots of cool info here...way more interesting than roland forums.
Old 3rd May 2010
Gear Addict

I just ordered a couple from here http://www.cover-it-audio.com and am awaiting them. I'll post back with my impressions when they arrive
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

I use some leftover tablecloths for covers (made from wax cloth?? the kind you see in restaurants) and rigorous dusting with a Swiffer, at least once every forthnight.

A good way to keep dust from collecting on synths is to use them.. heh (might explain the dust on mine? )
Old 3rd May 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Fi View Post
I just ordered a couple from here http://www.cover-it-audio.com and am awaiting them. I'll post back with my impressions when they arrive
Thanks for the tip, seems nice. I ordered one for the Little Phatty .
Old 3rd May 2010
Oh man, my mother in law made me the best dust covers for Christmas. They are the ****. Gotta get a picture to show.

This post doesn't help one bit I know. Unless there's someone in your life that's handy on a sewing machine?!
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

The Gator covers are good. I have 3 on my synths, and they also make mixer covers so I have one on my 003. The MGear covers are good too for small keyboards (like my little Novation ReMOTE 25 SL).

Here's the 61-76 key version of the Gator cover:

Gator GKC-1540 | Sweetwater.com

Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

I prefer using beach towels for my synths, I have one for my motif with beautiful horses. The one for my andromeda is not very interesting but I plan to get a pretty one soon, as soon as I start going for swimming. Its 30C here already.
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWSooner View Post
The Gator covers are good.
+1. I have two, one's on my K2500X and one's on my Nord Mod G2. The one on the latter I purchased originally for my NL3, so the size is off... but it still does the job and looks a lot nicer than using sheets. I've got a Moog dust cover for my Voyager and use microfiber cloths to cover my drum machines. My wife has kindly agreed to make some covers for my rackmounted modular gear... I've got a couple of pet chinchillas in the studio and those are some DUSTY little rodents. Cute though.
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

do yourself a favor and get a nice big fluffy feather duster, and just dust once per day. works like a charm.
Old 3rd May 2010
Hmm perhaps I'm strange but I don't cover them cos I'd never play them. For me I find that my rack gear gets way more dusty than the big slabs of sheet metal.

Isn't this is analogous to putting a dust cover on your tele?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWSooner View Post
How much you wanna bet that's a W30 under there?
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lain2097 View Post
Not really. If you've got synths with a lot of sliders/knobs that also have a fair bit of circuitry under the hood (not just a big DSP) it's probably worth it. If I had a JP6 and an SH-2, I'd sleep much better at night knowing that they were covered up!
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

I have the Gator 61 key for my Motif, love it!

if there were a smaller one for the Nord Lead 2 I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat
Old 3rd May 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hmm perhaps I'm strange but I don't cover them cos I'd never play them. For me I find that my rack gear gets way more dusty than the big slabs of sheet metal.

How much you wanna bet that's a W30 under there?
When you live in a place that has lots of sand (and hence dust in the air), there's really no choice. For some things it's not so important, but a synth/keyboard gets disgustingly dusty here very fast.
Old 3rd May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy View Post
When you live in a place that has lots of sand (and hence dust in the air), there's really no choice.
Guess so but around here it's quite damp even during our long winters. Today was a sunny 28c and 55% humidity.
Old 3rd May 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Guess so but around here it's quite damp even during our long winters. Today was a sunny 28c and 55% humidity.
Same here (but worse) , but that sure doesn't mean less dust in the Mediterranean sea area.
Old 3rd May 2010
Here for the gear

OMG....I JUST FOUND THE BEST CUSTOM DUST COVERS!!! FROM A COMPANY THAT YOU WOULDNT EVEN KNOW SOLD THEM!!!!

Im awaiting delivery and cant wait to show u guys pics!!LOL!! I know ur all going to want them, so I just want to make sure Im the first one here who has it! ...SO HAPPY!
Old 3rd May 2010
Gear Head
These guys make some excellent covers. DigitalDeckCovers Custom Dust Covers
Old 10th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuReBaSiS View Post
These guys make some excellent covers. DigitalDeckCovers Custom Dust Covers
Sorry to kick this deceased thread up from the dead, but I wanted to ask for some opinions of the covers made by the company above. They offer different fabric styles. Any info and feedback regarding their offerings?

Choices seem pretty slim for desktop synth covers, e.g. JP-8080, Roland TR-8, Virus Desktop, etc. I really like the no-frills, stretchy spandex covers made by Gator, but I think they're being discontinued nor did they ever offer any sizes smaller than a 61-key keyboard. I even reached out to them via email regarding some custom sizes, more square-shaped, but they said they're only making custom hard cases, and even that was iffy because of some buyout/sale of Gator.

Anyway...thanks in advance for any info regarding Digital Deck Covers...or any other cover that will work...other than towels!
Old 10th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Retra View Post
Sorry to kick this deceased thread up from the dead, but I wanted to ask for some opinions of the covers made by the company above. They offer different fabric styles. Any info and feedback regarding their offerings?
Don't know about them but I've had a really good experience with this company:

https://pianocoversonline.co.uk/keyb...er-p-6959.html

Quote:
Our covers are beautifully and carefully manufactured to the exact specifications of your keyboard (from our library of thousands of keyboard dimensions). We really can make a cover for ANY Keyboard ever made and just require the model of your Keyboard!
They made one for my Korg CX-3 (digital model) from a 10mm padded fabric to protect the wood. Very nicely done.
Old 10th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Retra View Post
Got two of them, both versions for the MatrixBrute (raised and lowered panel), and in different cloth types.

Cloth quality seems very good, and so is the fit, but DDC seem to think that no synth in need of a cover has cables attached.
On the ones I have, there's very little space for attached plugs and cables.

Me, I prefer the ones a guy on here offers (Stardust), as they have a velcro-equipped part that can be "open" or "closed" for exactly that cable reason.

Also, with the DDC ones I have (no vinyl), the dust on them is hard to remove. I believe DDC do a version that resembles the Stardust vinyl.

DDC were quicker to deliver than Stardust, but still need to make the cover after your money has cleared, so it takes time. Just in case this is an important aspect for you.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search