The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone try Waves iGTR on synths??
Old 23rd June 2009
Anyone try Waves iGTR on synths??

So I'm looking for a cheep distortion pedal to add to my mixer, when I remembered the iGTR. It's ridiculously cheep, and the online demos sound good. Anybody tried this yet, obviously all the videos on youtube are with guitars, but I was thinking it might not be so bad on beats and synths, and you get the extra modulation effects as compared to a regular pedal. I guess I can just try it out anyway it's only €47.

Your thoughts?

Old 23rd June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl View Post
So I'm looking for a cheep distortion pedal to add to my mixer, when I remembered the iGTR. It's ridiculously cheep, and the online demos sound good. Anybody tried this yet, obviously all the videos on youtube are with guitars, but I was thinking it might not be so bad on beats and synths, and you get the extra modulation effects as compared to a regular pedal. I guess I can just try it out anyway it's only €47.

Your thoughts?
ive tested almost every guitar emulators i know,
Peavey revalver, purchased from other company since version2, cant remember the name of the company, alien or something
Nomad Factory "the only good sounding nomadfactory plugin"
waves gtr3 - nice spring reverb, and compression pedals, nice modular rack.
native instruments guitar -
yamaha cabinet emulations - sounds ok, sometimes usefull
all ik multimedia series, exept fender one - some amplitube versions have a nice octaver pedal, verry nice, one has an ugly one.
others... KVR: Virtual Instruments, Virtual Effects, VST Plugins, Audio Units (AU), DirectX (DX), Universal Binary Compatibility - Audio Plugin News, Reviews and Community
havent tested overloud th1

the only distortion that really impressed me the most, was the Line6 TDM plugin with cab emulation turned off.
sadly i dont use Protools, i was usign rebirth and line6 tdm plug, sounded impressive with that crappy 882 interface, and JBL control1.
i always thinking about purchasing an Line6 POD Pro XT, or the new X3 Pro.
and use them in a digital loop, with my Lynx AES16.
or maybe an old TDM system and also use the Lexiverb.
but...
Old 23rd June 2009
Cheers space, I know there are lots of other options... first and foremost I can just get a used pedal and be done with it. However there are not that many posts on GS just one where the guy said it was absolute crap. Kinda just wanted a second opinion.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search